Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Relegation Odds

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Interesting to see that the bookies believe Burnley are much more likely to be relegated than Palace, West Ham and Southampton when they finished 10 points, 12 points and 18 points clear of them last season.. does Europa League football cost a team that many points? Or are they expecting an exodus of players or loss of manager?

Europa League football has had an impact on a team's results, with the Thursday-Sunday regime and long travel often wearing teams down. As much as we might not like those odds, I think Burnley fans have more to complain about. I wonder what [MENTION=28805]lancyclaret[/MENTION] thinks about the effects of Europa League on their PL prospects next season.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Europa League football has had an impact on a team's results, with the Thursday-Sunday regime and long travel often wearing teams down. As much as we might not like those odds, I think Burnley fans have more to complain about. I wonder what [MENTION=28805]lancyclaret[/MENTION] thinks about the effects of Europa League on their PL prospects next season.

You don't want to know, his was the most petulant, selfish, narrow-minded, 'i only want us to finish 10th' rant I couldn't work out if he was actually a Stoke fan or a 12 year old girl.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Massively don’t agree. Their full strength team were completely outclassed by Swansea in the cup this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What does one game prove? They won the championship at a cantor and that’s over a season a better indicator than one game. Still let’s see

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Wolves are overrated and will need to spend loads , like a new goalie . SKY new loves will be on every week
I'm yet to see anything to suggest that isn't exactly what is going to happen.
Only time will tell if they are any good at it.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Now we know who the 20 teams will be next season, I see that the bookies have already started to take bets on whom will be relegated.

20th Cardiff 5/6
19th Huddersfield 11/8
18th Watford 21/10
17th/16th BHA & Fulham 5/2

.... a tougher season than 2017/2018?

That's my bottom three. Logically. Weakest team, second-weakest team, worst form of any PL team in 2018 and two small clubs just above.
Not sure why Fulham are fancied to finish above us though.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Laying the 5/2 odds on Brighton is a good bet IMO
The bookies are probably not even aware of the 2 recent signings.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Laying the 5/2 odds on Brighton is a good bet IMO
The bookies are probably not even aware of the 2 recent signings.
The bookies are aware of everything football, long before 'we' are.

Unfortunately they're even getting up to speed with no mark sports like cycling.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
The bookies are aware of everything football, long before 'we' are.

Unfortunately they're even getting up to speed with no mark sports like cycling.
And esports unfortunately. Bookies dont set the odds anyway not directly they set them so they can make a profit it doesnt reflect how they think it will really turn out just what odds will get them the most amount of money from suckers that bet at this time of the season.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
And the three teams that went down stayed down, or worse in Sunderland’s case.

What’s that got to do with the teams that came up? FYI the 3 that went down from the championship came straight back up. So what we have learned from this season is that it wasn’t so tough in the premier league as the 3 who went up stayed up and the 3 from league 1 came straight back up. So that would suggest that the championship is a tough league.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What’s that got to do with the teams that came up? FYI the 3 that went down from the championship came straight back up. So what we have learned from this season is that it wasn’t so tough in the premier league as the 3 who went up stayed up and the 3 from league 1 came straight back up. So that would suggest that the championship is a tough league.
2 away wins suggests your wrong.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
2 away wins suggests your wrong.

The 3 teams staying up suggest I’m right. Newcastle comfortably finished 10th and we were all but safe when we beat Arsenal. The facts speak for themselves. I don’t think anyone and that includes Albion supporters would have said at the start of the season, that all 3 teams that came up would stay up. Anyway that wasn’t my original point. It was that in my opinion Wolves will be comfortably mid table next season. They have a strong squad and with the money they have will add to it, as will Fulham. Both Wolves and Fulham spent big to get out of the championship and no doubt will do the same in this league. I know money doesn’t buy success, but both have good managers it would be difficult to find 3 candidates to go down next season. Cardiff my struggle and Huddersfield may find it harder beyond them I don’t see anyone else as a shoe in

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
The 3 teams staying up suggest I’m right. Newcastle comfortably finished 10th and we were all but safe when we beat Arsenal. The facts speak for themselves. I don’t think anyone and that includes Albion supporters would have said at the start of the season, that all 3 teams that came up would stay up. Anyway that wasn’t my original point. It was that in my opinion Wolves will be comfortably mid table next season. They have a strong squad and with the money they have will add to it, as will Fulham. Both Wolves and Fulham spent big to get out of the championship and no doubt will do the same in this league. I know money doesn’t buy success, but both have good managers it would be difficult to find 3 candidates to go down next season. Cardiff my struggle and Huddersfield may find it harder beyond them I don’t see anyone else as a shoe in
I have a feeling Wolves will be the club that will bid for a lot of players that are out of their league as a PL new boy and end up with no one apart from a few has been mercenaries,

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here