Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Monaco Grand Prix thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So it’s here, the dullest but most glamorous race of the season, also the most scary to watch from on board cameras.

Come on Ricciardo let’s haul Red Bull into the race for the Championship. Verstappen appears to have potentially binned his car for qualifying by crashing in free practice.

Mercs to struggle, Ferrari sandbagging?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
That split screen video of Verstappen's previous crash side-by-side with today's was unreal - it was an absolute replica.

A lot of drivers clipped that same corner in practice on Thursday, but they all got away with it.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
As a random aside, if any F1 fans are interested in helping out beta test a new official F1 app being launched in a few weeks, drop me a PM.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Has anyone on here managed to attend a Monaco GP?
I'm not in to F1 these days, but Monaco and Suzuka are on my list of things I really want to do.
I'd be interested (and almost certainly shocked) to find out how much money you'd need to go.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Has anyone on here managed to attend a Monaco GP?
I'm not in to F1 these days, but Monaco and Suzuka are on my list of things I really want to do.
I'd be interested (and almost certainly shocked) to find out how much money you'd need to go.

Yep was fortunate enough to go in 2006 with some stunning hospitality. Worse race on TV but brilliant to attend. Was still parting it at Rascasse at 5 in the morning

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
I went back in 1994 just two weeks after Imola,so the atmosphere was somewhat muted

I stayed in nearby Nice,fantastic place for a weekend also

been to quite a few and I'd put Monte Carlo near the top

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Be interesting to see where Verstappen ends up.... quick car but hard to overtake

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
On the evidence of this season, where he ends up is likely to be in a wall somewhere.

As we've seen in the past he obviously has phenomenal natural talent, but he needs to calm it down a bit if he's ever going to really make the most of it.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
On the evidence of this season, where he ends up is likely to be in a wall somewhere.

As we've seen in the past he obviously has phenomenal natural talent, but he needs to calm it down a bit if he's ever going to really make the most of it.
I agree, but he is only 20....he has time.

Vettel the youngest ever champion at 23.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Even as an F1 fan this is the one race I can not get excited about.

Just not fit for purpose as a modern F1 race track. Difficult enough in these cars to overtake as it is, let alone on a track where there isn't any places to overtake. I guess we can look forward to a Vertsappen crash, a catastrophic tactical pit stop somewhere, and lots of bikinis - so not all bad.

Stephen Seagull

Oct 6, 2015
Barcelona

Hamilton was pretty much the same in some of his first seasons, silly mistakes that he has erradicated over time.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The wall.

Taking another car with him. Monaco tests his patience too much and he won’t wait around for a chance to overtake, he’ll force one imo

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Most of the drivers love it,and a lot of them live there so can kip in their own bed at night!Good luck to Torro Rosso today.They are quite kind to the hypersoft tyres,so might score some good points.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Awful circuit, awful race, best left to the thirties. Just watch the start and go do something else.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
anyone remember David Coulthard stuck behind that Arrows for about 3 years :lol:

Hamilton on the clean side,should jump Vettel and preceed to hold him up

as Riciarrdio disappears into the distance

obviously his team mate will cause a SC

which ironically could cost the Aus the win

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here