Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Monaco Grand Prix thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Its terrible. Its only there out of tradition. The organisers are bent. There are amazing circuits globally yet all the talk is about possible new 'street' races.

There are worse circuits though, Singapore and Valencia for example

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Starting to rain apparently - rain in Monaco usually makes for an incident-packed race.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Feel a bit sorry for Ricciardo, he's had a great weekend and now it looks like this power issue is going to cost him at some point.

He's having a bloody good go at hanging on though, and given how hard it is to overtake here then he can at least make life hard for Vettel and the rest.

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
Couldn't have been too bad....plus perfect track for it to happen

Feel a bit sorry for Ricciardo, he's had a great weekend and now it looks like this power issue is going to cost him at some point.

He's having a bloody good go at hanging on though, and given how hard it is to overtake here then he can at least make life hard for Vettel and the rest.

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Couldn't have been too bad....plus perfect track for it to happen

He's done a brilliant job of managing the situation and the race - really pleased that he's held on.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Take nothing away from DR, but this highlights that this is nothing more than a show for the billionaires as it is a meaningless track for modern F1 cars.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'll watch it back later, today is too nice not to be outside.

Dont bother! Except for Verstapen who started at the back I only remember seeing 1 other driver make an overtaking move. Not even the craziness of a safety car to enjoy. A pointless track

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Dont bother! Except for Verstapen who started at the back I only remember seeing 1 other driver make an overtaking move. Not even the craziness of a safety car to enjoy. A pointless track

It really is. Not even worth putting on a much faster set of tyres as you can't even overtake a much slower car anyway.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

And that was probably when teammates swapped positions on track (Renaults) after the driver in front agreed to let the other, on newer tyres, through

The drivers like the circuit as it's a challenge to drive, but it's boring for spectators to watch

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When you can win a race with a fault that makes you a second and a half slower a lap than the other front runners it’s a farce. Maybe they should bin it as a GP and put it on as a non championship race.

Has it always been a procession rather than a race, or was it exciting back in the day?

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I was hoping for a crash to make it a little less predictable, a pointless track. They should have a time trial, each car does 10 laps as overtaking is near on impossible

Geestar

Nov 6, 2012
Shoreham Beach
And that was probably when teammates swapped positions on track (Renaults) after the driver in front agreed to let the other, on newer tyres, through

The drivers like the circuit as it's a challenge to drive, but it's boring for spectators to watch
Don't forget Hamilton on Ocon [emoji23]

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Here's an idea- reverse the grid, per championship positions before the race, and double the points...

Or maybe just a flat fee £1m per driver, and staggered prize ££ for the top 5 finishers.. Last runner at each of ten laps gets withdrawn from race.

THEN we might see some overtaking attempts.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Some people appreciate the driver skill involved and enjoy it.You don't see a great deal of overtaking at events like the TT races,but it's still worth watching/going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here