Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
You dont seem to understand why would the club indicate to anybody that we had offered £8m which was turned down by Reading and then we buy him and say the price is undisclosed as it is obviously has to be in excess of £8m to then be accepted.

Have you ever considered there are other parties involved in any deal? Some with good reasons to be less tight-lipped re bid values? You really are hitting the heights of silliness now. Congratulations BG.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Remember, other than the Albion's secretive quartet, a lot of other people would know the bid values - staff at Reading, agents, the player and possibly his family. Plenty of scope for a leak.

This.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
At the end of the day we will get Moore & I think baldock will go to reading as part of the deal.
Houghton wants a centre back then business is done for the summer & in my view we have done great in this window.

Well said.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Shades of Dale Stephens and the Albion when Burnley came in for him. I wonder if Reading will get the same outcome seeing as they are not that fancied to be able to offer Moore Premier League football next season???

The slight difference is that Stephens would have been a good candidate for a regular starting place while Moore knows that he'd be second back-up at Brighton and may only get the odd game. Depends whether he wants more money over regular football - not everyone does

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Shades of Dale Stephens and the Albion when Burnley came in for him. I wonder if Reading will get the same outcome seeing as they are not that fancied to be able to offer Moore Premier League football next season???

And therein lies the difference. We could genuinely say we are likely to get promoted. Reading cannot do so. There is very little similarity between the 2 IMHO...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
The slight difference is that Stephens would have been a good candidate for a regular starting place while Moore knows that he'd be second back-up at Brighton and may only get the odd game. Depends whether he wants more money over regular football - not everyone does

He will provide genuine competition for D, D & B, which is one of the reasons why we are prepared to invest decent money...

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

I disagree with this. I think he would be back up to start with but he will be training everyday with the team and will definitely get his chance whether it be injury, suspension or cup and then it's up to him to back his ability. I wouldn't be at all surprised if by the end of the season our centre back pairing is Duffy and Moore

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I disagree with this. I think he would be back up to start with but he will be training everyday with the team and will definitely get his chance whether it be injury, suspension or cup and then it's up to him to back his ability. I wouldn't be at all surprised if by the end of the season our centre back pairing is Duffy and Moore

Fishing ? That’ll only happen if Dunk leaves. Dunk and Moore, more like.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Fishing ? That’ll only happen if Dunk leaves. Dunk and Moore, more like.

I actually meant to write Dunk (I'm an idiot) but who knows if one of the Champions League teams come in for him in January? But I wasn't fishing honest!

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
He will provide genuine competition for D, D & B, which is one of the reasons why we are prepared to invest decent money...
And also provide cover at right back which is currently shared between a 37 year old and a greyhound who is great going forward but a bit suspect defensively.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Too late in the window to sell Dunk now. January perhaps.

I've thought for the last year or more that, barring relegation, if Dunk was to go it would be this summer. I'm hoping that he may now go on to be one of the greatest Albion legends ever.

There, I've said it.

(runs for cover)

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Too late in the window to sell Dunk now. January perhaps.

TB & CH would not risk selling Dunk in the January window, why would you risk selling your best defender when you are half way through a season with no guarantee of safety. At least in the summer you can find adequate cover instead of over inflated prices being thrown around.

Besides that who has actually shown any firm interest in Dunk ?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton

If I was Hughton I would be looking to upgrade Duffy at some point, he was just what was needed to keep us up but is limited with the ball at his feet, we might need someone with better all round technical ability in longer term if we want to climb further up the league.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If I was Hughton I would be looking to upgrade Duffy at some point, he was just what was needed to keep us up but is limited with the ball at his feet, we might need someone with better all round technical ability in longer term if we want to climb further up the league.

That is a valid point but the argument against is the fact that we sold Goldson who was better on the ground than Duffy as is Balogun it seems but Duffy is immense in the air and by far our best defensive header.

murciagull

Nov 27, 2006
Murcia
Will Moore play v Palace in their friendly today ? ???

Perhaps we should reach an agreement with Reading, we will pay the 15 million if he puts Zaha out for a few months.

(Thats a joke before any Palace get upset)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think this perpetual debate about whether we should look to pay serious money for a central defender, or sign an ageing journeyman, is pointless anyway.

If Tony Bloom has the money and is willing to sepnd it then let him do it! Fourth choice or not, l'm sure he will be getting some game time this coming season, and it would be nice to have someone really capable around the place, and putting pressure on those above him for thier starting place.

Us supporters who have been around for long enough and followed the team through all those dark years, have become ingrained into thinking that we have to mend and make do, put up with other teams cast offs etc. Well hey, all of a sudden now we don't have to, and isn't that great?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
That is a valid point but the argument against is the fact that we sold Goldson who was better on the ground than Duffy as is Balogun it seems but Duffy is immense in the air and by far our best defensive header.

I would imagine that he will be looking for someone who is good in the air and with the ball at his feet, similar to Dunk. Why wouldn't he be looking to upgrade if the right player comes available and he has the money to spend?

He clearly didn't see Goldson as being good enough.

SeagullCrow

May 9, 2008
Us supporters who have been around for long enough and followed the team through all those dark years, have become ingrained into thinking that we have to mend and make do, put up with other teams cast offs etc. Well hey, all of a sudden now we don't have to, and isn't that great?

This is a very good point, and I admit to being one such supporter. I still can't quite get used to our new transfer position, and it felt very strange seeing the team sheets for the Charlton friendly earlier in the week. Who'd have thought a few years ago that Charlton would be adopting players that BHAFC had outgrown? It certainly is a new chapter for us, in more ways than one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here