Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
If we are successful in our attempts to sign him, I think Dunk and Duffy are going to be under pressure to hold onto thier starting spots. Here is a comparison matrix comparing all four of next seasons potential CBs. We will be blessed with 4 very good players.View attachment 99268

Don't understand this... Does it show empirical proof that Balogun is a rubbish defender who never makes any mistakes that lead to goals?

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
There are rules in place regarding illegal approaches and I don’t think that is the way we operate as a club. It has been reported that we have made a number of bids for Moore but a number of parties could have made them public? When a Club makes an approach to another club they have an obligation to inform the player. This brings agents into the equation and they have a vested interest in getting the best deal for the player they represent and they may take the opportunity to make the approach public to flush out further bidders. I have no problem with transfer request as long as players respect the decision of the parent club.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Don't understand this... Does it show empirical proof that Balogun is a rubbish defender who never makes any mistakes that lead to goals?

Not mistakes like Duffy's back pass against Huddersfield.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Does anybody consider that Liam Moore is better than either or both Duffy and Dunk

Does anybody consider that Dunk or Duffy could get suspended or injured or sold in January or next summer, the club plans for short term, mid term and long term. Proactive as opposed to reactive. This is a highly professional operation.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Does anybody consider that Dunk or Duffy could get suspended or injured or sold in January or next summer, the club plans for short term, mid term and long term. Proactive as opposed to reactive. This is a highly professional operation.

I accept that but mine was just a straight question as to his ability and what all his advocates say.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It certainly beats throwing money away on a 'free' aging pro with no sell on value.

It would seem the club are maneuvering itself into a position where it can say "Lewis Dunk - how much"?
As opposed to our friends up the road who would be completely shafted by losing Zahahahaha, and equally shafted by keeping him against his will.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Does anybody consider that Liam Moore is better than either or both Duffy and Dunk
He may think he is.That's maybe why he wants to join a premier league club, to see if he can cut it at this level. He knows it may take a bit of time to take to get his opportunity. But there's a good chance, with form ,injury's , suspensions, he will get to show what he can do.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Clement clearly has a way with words:

"I'm positive we will have a good outcome to this."

"These things never work out in an ideal situation but we'll manage it.”

So what’s it going to be then Paul?

A load of inappropriate prepositions and sentence construction it would seem.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Define better. My guess is that CH wants adequate challenge to CDs that neither particularly had last season (CG and UH were always 3rd and 4th) and option to look at CDs who MAY offer a broader range of skill, especially offensively.

I find it hard to believe that the club is actively recruiting 'better' than 2 of last season best players.

As said a 'big money' transfer feels more like future proofing to me.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here