Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know how good Moore is- if memory serves me correctly, he's a fairly classy ball player, decent in the air, and has pace, which we are undoubtedly lacking in our current first choice CH pairing.

But you know what: I still remember the days when we were stuck at Withdean and losing out to Reading for players (and a manager), much to their glee. Frankly, on that basis, I'd happily watch us shell out £5m for the bloke even if we stuck him in the reserves all season.

He's their best player, and it will chafe with them no end to lose him to a club like us. Do it, Albion. Do it :lol:

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
I don't know how good Moore is- if memory serves me correctly, he's a fairly classy ball player, decent in the air, and has pace, which we are undoubtedly lacking in our current first choice CH pairing.

But you know what: I still remember the days when we were stuck at Withdean and losing out to Reading for players (and a manager), much to their glee. Frankly, on that basis, I'd happily watch us shell out £5m for the bloke even if we stuck him in the reserves all season.

He's their best player, and it will chafe with them no end to lose him to a club like us. Do it, Albion. Do it :lol:

I was think the same, at one time it was always Reading nicking our best players, it will be nice to return the favor.

Looks like he has good stats for clearances and blocks for last season, considered one of the best in the league, it would make sense if we wanted to add to our CBs that we would look at him.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Goldson - > Rangers

Hemed + cash < - > Moore

Looks cash neutral, and Hemed's + Goldson's wages should be enough to cover Moore's with some spare.

Win-Win-Win-Win-Win all round.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Goldson - > Rangers

Hemed + cash < - > Moore

Looks cash neutral, and Hemed's + Goldson's wages should be enough to cover Moore's with some spare.

If we were willing to offer Tomer Hemed as bait to reel in Moore, would we necessarily have to add cash? Hemed is a more than established goalscorer at Championship level. Reading found goals hard to come by last season, so maybe he would be as valuable to them, as Morre would be to us.

A straight swap could prove to be a good deal for both parties.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Goldson - > Rangers

Hemed + cash < - > Moore

Or

Goldson to stay at Brighton

Moore to rangers

Hemed to reading

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we were willing to offer Tomer Hemed as bait to reel in Moore, would we necessarily have to add cash? Hemed is a more than established goalscorer at Championship level. Reading found goals hard to come by last season, so maybe he would be as valuable to them, as Morre would be to us.

A straight swap could prove to be a good deal for both parties.

Hmmm let's think about that.

On the one hand we have 25 year old Liam Moore, Reading PotS and not even a year into his new contract.
On the other than there's Tomer, bless him.

I'm sure Barber-out likes your style but I doubt even he would be prepared to put his name to that offer.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I was think the same, at one time it was always Reading nicking our best players, it will be nice to return the favor.

Looks like he has good stats for clearances and blocks for last season, considered one of the best in the league, it would make sense if we wanted to add to our CBs that we would look at him.

If it wasn't signing them it was unsettling them. Remember Poyet getting in a strop thanks to Reading?

Just for the pissing them off factor it will be worth signing him.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If it wasn't signing them it was unsettling them. Remember Poyet getting in a strop thanks to Reading?

Just for the pissing them off factor it will be worth signing him.

Exactly this. For the "but...but..why would he want to join BRIGHTON, when he could have another season of scrapping against relegation to League One in front of 11,000 fans?" arguments on HNA*.

*yes I'm well aware some on here had the same sort of argument when Barnes was looking at Burnley (or latterly Stephens) :lol:

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
How much? £20 million? Or £17 million + Goldson?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here