Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
i hope Reading didn't buy Sammy in the hope that they'd get the money back by selling us Moore ... may not happen.
Still they will just have to sell more biscuits at the turnstiles to get the cash flowing in.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
May be back on again. Perhaps the O'Connell thing was a bit speculative, and a way to put pressure on Reading?

Screenshot 2018-08-01 at 15.07.41 - Edited.png

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Back for Moore then in both senses of the word.

If they want their man, then this window, they will get their man...in the end.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Clement on Moore this afternoon: "We can't be moping around"
via http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s...re-sam-baldock-new-signings-and-george-evans/

“He’s here and he’s training.
“We know there is going to be a quick solution to this because the permanent window shuts next week.
“He’ll either be here or we won’t be. I’m hoping he will be here because I like him and he’s a really good player. There certainly won’t be any complaints from me if that window shuts and he’s still here.
“The fact that we’re going into the first game, we can’t be moping around. We have to think about the team and the team is preparing for Derby.
“Liam is not focused on the first game because we’re not sure what’s going to happen with him.
“It’s a short career. If he stays here he needs to get on with it and play for the club and help his teammates.
“Some of the other players will have been in his situation before. It happens from time to time.”

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Clement on Moore this afternoon: "We can't be moping around"
via http://www.readingchronicle.co.uk/s...re-sam-baldock-new-signings-and-george-evans/

“He’s here and he’s training.
“We know there is going to be a quick solution to this because the permanent window shuts next week.
“He’ll either be here or we won’t be. I’m hoping he will be here because I like him and he’s a really good player. There certainly won’t be any complaints from me if that window shuts and he’s still here.
“The fact that we’re going into the first game, we can’t be moping around. We have to think about the team and the team is preparing for Derby.
“Liam is not focused on the first game because we’re not sure what’s going to happen with him.
“It’s a short career. If he stays here he needs to get on with it and play for the club and help his teammates.
“Some of the other players will have been in his situation before. It happens from time to time.”

Okay... their manager wants him to stay, no surprise there... their manager thinks he may go, no surprise there... I just wish I knew whether our beloved club are still talking to their one... seems like we've dropped our JOC interest, which would suggest we are either (1) back on the trail of Moore, or (2) targeting an alternative HGP CB, or (3) we've given up on signing an HGP CB altogether... I hope it's the first option... I think Ben White looks great, but I think it would be better if he went out on loan to the Championship, rather than miss out on our 18-man squad on a regular basis...

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Might we sign Moore/A.N Other AND the Iranian centre back and remove Suttner from the squad so we'd have 5 centre backs, which would give Chris the option of playing 3 CB's in tough games/away from home even with one injury/suspension, or would having 5 CBs on the books cause a few of them to be unhappy, probably a far fetched idea...

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
I just cannot understand why Moore,or another would sign ,without some hope of breaking into the first team,on merit,not injury.I can only conclude that our conceding of goals from wide areas,WBA away ,for instance,means that Dunk and Duffys places in the team are not a given .

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Might we sign Moore/A.N Other AND the Iranian centre back and remove Suttner from the squad so we'd have 5 centre backs, which would give Chris the option of playing 3 CB's in tough games/away from home even with one injury/suspension, or would having 5 CBs on the books cause a few of them to be unhappy, probably a far fetched idea...

Whilst I think playing 3 at the back is a good system and one I’d like to see us adopt from time to time, Suttner would be ideal in that system as he was a wingback prior to joining us (I think).

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Barber being coy about the centre back in a few quotes this afternoon. when he's talking about players "leaving' - he was talking about fringe players - Norwood etc.

"I think it's likely there will be more players leaving than coming in. "The benefit of getting our business done as early as we did is we don't feel under any great pressure, even to bring in the extra defender. "We've got a good squad and we've got a lot of flexibility across the defenders we've got. They can play in different positions, so we don't feel under any huge pressure. "Obviously if the right player comes up at the right price in that position [centre back], we'll do the business if we can. "But I would imagine in the next seven days, my focus and Paul Winstanley's focus will be on moving players out and that will take up the time we've got left."

via https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...r-no-pressure-to-make-more-signings-1-8587303

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's simple maths - 2 have gone (Hunemeier, Goldson) and one has come in (Balogun). We need another CB.

As for White, get him out on loan in the Championship and see what he's got. You have to be exceptional to cut your teeth against Kane, Lukaku, Aguero, Salah - let him build his confidence and experience in the Championship. A year on loan at Reading?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It's simple maths - 2 have gone (Hunemeier, Goldson) and one has come in (Balogun). We need another CB.

As for White, get him out on loan in the Championship and see what he's got. You have to be exceptional to cut your teeth against Kane, Lukaku, Aguero, Salah - let him build his confidence and experience in the Championship. A year on loan at Reading?

Virtually impossible to cut your teeth against those players mentioned, not 'merely' exceptional! Agree re Ben White, this could be a pivotal season for him, a period on loan at a Championship could do him the world of good. At the end of it we will be much closer to knowing if he can hack it as a Premier League footballer.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Whilst I think playing 3 at the back is a good system and one I’d like to see us adopt from time to time, Suttner would be ideal in that system as he was a wingback prior to joining us (I think).

Am i right in thinking he's been playing more as a winger in the pre-season matches that we've played, or am i wrong?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barber being coy about the centre back in a few quotes this afternoon. when he's talking about players "leaving' - he was talking about fringe players - Norwood etc.

"I think it's likely there will be more players leaving than coming in. "The benefit of getting our business done as early as we did is we don't feel under any great pressure, even to bring in the extra defender. "We've got a good squad and we've got a lot of flexibility across the defenders we've got. They can play in different positions, so we don't feel under any huge pressure. "Obviously if the right player comes up at the right price in that position [centre back], we'll do the business if we can. "But I would imagine in the next seven days, my focus and Paul Winstanley's focus will be on moving players out and that will take up the time we've got left."

via https://www.brightonandhoveindepend...r-no-pressure-to-make-more-signings-1-8587303

Yes, read that, and got a bit worried that we may NOT be pursuing any HGP CB anymore, then I thought, like you, that PB was probably being coy, and underplaying our need to sign an HGP CB (for obvious reasons)...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

I said the same, but you said it much better TBF!

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Am i right in thinking he's been playing more as a winger in the pre-season matches that we've played, or am i wrong?

You are correct... LW, predominantly, if NOT everytime...

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Back for Moore then in both senses of the word.

If they want their man, then this window, they will get their man...in the end.

I get the impression we are negotiating, things take their time and we use other clubs/agents etc to show there are other options available if needed. Jack Oconnell appears to be priced similarly to Moore and we will never ever get him for less than 10 mill.
When you read Clements comments re the purchase of Sam Baldock he says that the thing that slowed deal down was the player valuation. Once that was finally overcome and they met in the middle a deal could be made. (this is what is obviously happening here)
Also, it says so much that Moore is NOT considered available to play on Friday for a number of reasons which ultimately means he's off..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here