Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
Wait until January. We will need five! I expect Bruno can cover at a pinch, so we might getaway with 4. But I rate Liam Moore and the alternatives for Dunk might turn out not so good. Burn seen as an understudy for Duffy,

NB: Andre Gray playing for Brentford skinned Dunk on one occasion.

thanks for the usual pile of gibberish. don't call us.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Wait until January. We will need five! I expect Bruno can cover at a pinch, so we might getaway with 4.
I don't understand. 4 is the usual, and may be more than we need. If we manage with 4, how is that getting away with it?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wait until January. We will need five! I expect Bruno can cover at a pinch, so we might getaway with 4. But I rate Liam Moore and the alternatives for Dunk might turn out not so good. Burn seen as an understudy for Duffy,

NB: Andre Gray playing for Brentford skinned Dunk on one occasion.

We don't sign understudies, everyone will get an equal chance to play, based on ability and performance. That's what new signings will be told.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
This. Not sure why some don’t get the principles of competition for places, and upgrading what we have.

The more sompetition for places we have, the more players will up their performances, we can't afford to simply stand still and make do in the premier League, this is almost a different sport to playing lower division football.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
The more sompetition for places we have, the more players will up their performances, we can't afford to simply stand still and make do in the premier League, this is almost a different sport to playing lower division football.

Exactly. Remember the scoring run Murray went on after we signed Locadia?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We don't sign understudies, everyone will get an equal chance to play, based on ability and performance. That's what new signings will be told.

Of course it is, doesn't mean it will happen though!

Look at Maenppa, when he replaced Stockdale, didn't put a foot wrong, but Stockdale got his place back immediately, as did Duffy with Goldson.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Exactly. Remember the scoring run Murray went on after we signed Locadia?

I sure do. PA few people are writing Glenn off on here, but I've a feeling now there is even greater competition for striking places, that he will up his game yes again, and continue to bang in a fair few goals.

One ot the most wily and intelligent strikers in the game today, we are lucky to have him. Write him off at your peril.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Then Naylor is a clown... there is no way we should have Bruno as our 4th choice CB. In fact, we should not have a 4th choice CB at all; rather, we should ensure we acquire another CB genuinely capable of competing for a starting place.
In Football Manager, yes. In the real world, if we can sign one at the right price, OK - if not, keep yer boots ready Bruno and White.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Of course it is, doesn't mean it will happen though!

Look at Maenppa, when he replaced Stockdale, didn't put a foot wrong, but Stockdale got his place back immediately, as did Duffy with Goldson.....

Replacing a player in a successful team is never going to be easy, both Stockdale and Duffy were mainstays that season, both good footballers and both playing well.

It was unfortunate for both Meanpaa and Goldson, in that they were at the club at the wrong time in many ways. If we had been say, half way down the table, it would have been so much easier for them to earn starting places in the side, and then retian them.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Replacing a player in a successful team is never going to be easy, both Stockdale and Duffy were mainstays that season, both good footballers and both playing well.

It was unfortunate for both Meanpaa and Goldson, in that they were at the club at the wrong time in many ways. If we had been say, half way down the table, it would have been so much easier for them to earn starting places in the side, and then retian them.

Of course, but given where we are we will have to pay ‘top dollar’, to replace a starter. The CBs we’re looking at IMO, are to replace Goldson and Uwe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
This. Not sure why some don’t get the principles of competition for places, and upgrading what we have.

Mainly because they’re like my dad who thinks it impossible to keep 22/25 men happy with competing for one of only 11 starting places because clearly football hasn’t progressed since 1981 and Aston Villa winning the league using only a squad of 14 who were all very very very happy and that 25 can’t possibly be. (It’s at this point I switch off....)

Back to the OT:

My only concern is whether getting to number four on our cluster list is worth bothering spending the money on? As some have said IF £3m matches Wigan’s asking price then its not much of a risk but whether Burn would be good enough to challenge I’m not sure.

Personally I think it makes better financial sense to stump up for Moore because then you at least have a saleable asset should the need arise if one of the 4 gets itchy feet for not playing.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I still think this will happen.
Reading must be gutted they are dealing with the Albion, any of the other 19 Premier League clubs would have caved into their demands, by now.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
I would hope the Albion have put some sort of deadline on this ... and hopefully if it hasn't already passed it should be very soon with a 'take it or leave it' to Reading to agree to or walk away this window

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
In Football Manager, yes. In the real world, if we can sign one at the right price, OK - if not, keep yer boots ready Bruno and White.

Oh dear... we are not in L2 / playing at Withdean now... we are in the Prem / playing at the Amex, with state of the art training facilities, and it is about being professional, nothing to do with Football Manager...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Of course, but given where we are we will have to pay ‘top dollar’, to replace a starter. The CBs we’re looking at IMO, are to replace Goldson and Uwe.

Then you are wrong, in the sense that Balogun and whoever will be expected to genuinely compete with D & D... we are looking for good competition in every position... just look at all the other signings we've made... I give you Jiri / Ali, as a prime example of us strenghtening...

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Then you are wrong, in the sense that Balogun and whoever will be expected to genuinely compete with D & D... we are looking for good competition in every position... just look at all the other signings we've made... I give you Jiri / Ali, as a prime example of us strenghtening...

I really don’t understand it when some of our fans fail to acknowledge/understand CH’s comments on wanting four options for every position i.e four strikers, four full backs,four CBs, four CMs and four wingers - all of equal or potential pedigree therefore ALL players capable of holding down a first team slot.

That’s what having a competitive squad is and how you drive even higher performance from an already high performing team.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here