Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Stoke are bidding for players and trying to spend money as if their very existence depends on it. Still they have the Shaqiri money l suppose. Could they turn out to be next season's version of Aston Villa?

No chance, Stoke have got really good owners. They will be offloading quite a few expensive players this summer as well as receiving the parachute payments so they will have a decent budget.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Yes then ! Thought so

The difference between defender and defensive midfield seems to be getting less obvious. Eric Dier and Javier Mascherano are examples of how modern defensive players are more versatile than your old school Guy Butters type.

That said, surely Hayden is being lined up to play in midfield. Paddy McNair, had we signed him, would have been a harder one to predict his starting position.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Tell Reading they can have Sam B on the cheap if they are more reasonable on Moore's price... deal or deals, hopefully, done...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Reading are in Austria now so perhaps we'll have to wait until they get back to progress with this.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Reading are in Austria now so perhaps we'll have to wait until they get back to progress with this.

I don't see how that can affect anything, the recruitment team will still be here, and the player(s) involved can can fly out or back, with very little notice if necessary.

The question on my mind though, is are the Albion still as keen on Liam Moore as they once were? With Balogun and Bernardo both capable of slotting in at centre back, perhaps we don't need him.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I don't see how that can affect anything, the recruitment team will still be here, and the player(s) involved can can fly out or back, with very little notice if necessary.

The question on my mind though, is are the Albion still as keen on Liam Moore as they once were? With Balogun and Bernardo both capable of slotting in at centre back, perhaps we don't need him.

The impression from their signings was that Balogun was Uwe replacement and Benardo was in all respects a left back...(who could cover like Rosenior Etc)

Therefore we very much still need CB like Moore and we are obviously still chasing based on comments in the Argus etc...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
From today’s Argus it looks like we’ve switched our attention to Jack O’Connell of Sheffield United with a bid of 6 million. That should leave Reading with a happy player if Moore doesn’t get a transfer to the Premier League, especially if they don’t challenge at the top end of the Championship.

Could of course be a bluff to force Reading’s hand to drop their valuation.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
From today’s Argus it looks like we’ve switched our attention to Jack O’Connell of Sheffield United with a bid of 6 million. That should leave Reading with a happy player if Moore doesn’t get a transfer to the Premier League, especially if they don’t challenge at the top end of the Championship.

Interesting that the Argus are now saying we are after O'Connell. When the original rumour came up, it was denied by Andy Naylor. You do wonder whether Sheffield United would spend £4 million on a new defender if they were keeping O'Connell. That is more than we spent in the Championship on one player.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

Yep, we are pushing buttons I would think to see if we can get some movement re Moore.
Surely with Baldock rumoured to be going in other direction we can tie up a deal to suit all parties.
I would like Moore very much.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would very much like Moore too, but at a reasonable price, NOT Readings silly figure...

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I can’t see why he’d come here to be fourth-choice in any case.

I believe Moore would be genuine competition for the Dunk/Duffy collective and Mr Balogun...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
I can’t see why he’d come here to be fourth-choice in any case.

Because against teams who play offensive tricky passes through the thirds, Shane Duffy is exposed.

We got away with it in our first season in the Prem, but teams will soon realise that if they stop launching high balls into the box, Duffy is not as effective. We are clearly on the hunt for alternatives with different skill sets.

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Because against teams who play offensive tricky passes through the thirds, Shane Duffy is exposed.

We got away with it in our first season in the Prem, but teams will soon realise that if they stop launching high balls into the box, Duffy is not as effective. We are clearly on the hunt for alternatives with different skill sets.
Got away with it?

The majority of goals we conceded last year were from crosses.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

Jan 11, 2016
Got away with it?

The majority of goals we conceded last year were from crosses.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I'd like to see the stats for goals conceded. How many of the 54 were from headers? How many from set pieces? How many from left side crosses and how many right.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd like to see the stats for goals conceded. How many of the 54 were from headers? How many from set pieces? How many from left side crosses and how many right.

How many from a defender losing his man?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Moore must be gutted. Chance of a PL move denied and playing at the arse end of the Championship instead.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Moore must be gutted. Chance of a PL move denied and playing at the arse end of the Championship instead.

Bit early to say that!!??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here