Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
SSN are reporting we’ve made a bid. Of course, we all know they have a bit of a history of making tits of themselves over false transfer rumours.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Reading reportedly looking to take Tommy Elphick from Villa.

Tommy could do a good job for Reading. Surprised it hasn't worked out for him at Villa really. He was captain of the Bournemouth team that gained promotion from the Championship. A big presence in the dressing room too. His career has stagnated and he needs to move on.

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
Seems like a good move for the lad, from a near bottom of the Championship club with another struggling season looming, to a Premier league team who have in the past week shown their resolve/intent.

Big thumbs up from me

TNBA

TTF

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
No way do we want to SING anyone from a TINPOT team who nearly got relegated to League 1. We need to get players a lot better than this

This does not make sense. People are pissed off about selling Goldson who we bought from Shrewsbury but are not happy with a player who has been playing for a team in a higher division, Reading. Are we saying we can only buy players from the Premier league or from top foreign leagues ffs?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Tommy E has been on loan at Reading since January but injury prevented him from playing much.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Tommy could do a good job for Reading. Surprised it hasn't worked out for him at Villa really. He was captain of the Bournemouth team that gained promotion from the Championship. A big presence in the dressing room too. His career has stagnated and he needs to move on.

Not the same player since that Achilles injury he got at Bournemouth

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Looks like a rare central defender with pace. Would be a great addition.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Tommy E has been on loan at Reading since January but injury prevented him from playing much.

Was waiting for someone to point that out to those mentioning the rumour but clearly not realising he’d been there last season :lol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No way do we want to SING anyone from a TINPOT team who nearly got relegated to League 1. We need to get players a lot better than this

As discussed in many earlier posts, it depends on the qualities of the player. An endless list of relegated or near relegated teams, contained one or two or more players who turned out to be excellent elsewhere.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
It was a penalty, could’ve happened to anyone.

He put in some huge performances towards the end of this season... he got a perfect 10 rating on Who Scored for the Preston win, won something like 20 aerial duels.

Thing is, he really tried to push the move through to us because he wasn’t getting regular football at Leicester in the Prem. I imagine he will want to go somewhere where he won’t sit on the bench.

As annoying as it may be for you, you think he’d be a good signing for us and prem level quality?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
This does not make sense. People are pissed off about selling Goldson who we bought from Shrewsbury but are not happy with a player who has been playing for a team in a higher division, Reading. Are we saying we can only buy players from the Premier league or from top foreign leagues ffs?

I hear what you’re saying.
But there is a big difference purchasing as a championship club and a PL club, it is easier to nurture players in a lower division when mistakes aren’t always punished.

The PL is very unforgiving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theroyal

May 11, 2014
As annoying as it may be for you, you think he’d be a good signing for us and prem level quality?

Hard to say. For me, he’s one of those Dwight Gayle “Too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League” type players. But, he could do well in the right team and given a chance in the side.

A chap in the know on our forums says that an enquiry was made from you, but we turned it down straight away. It wasn’t an official bid but apparently you quoted less than £4m, which was probably laughed out of the office. :p

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Hard to say. For me, he’s one of those Dwight Gayle “Too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Premier League” type players. But, he could do well in the right team and given a chance in the side.

A chap in the know on our forums says that an enquiry was made from you, but we turned it down straight away. It wasn’t an official bid but apparently you quoted less than £4m, which was probably laughed out of the office. :p

We paid 4 million for Duffy. I don't think Moore is worth more. I personally think Goldson is better

theroyal

May 11, 2014
We paid 4 million for Duffy. I don't think Moore is worth more. I personally think Goldson is better

The market is weird. And I think it depends how long they have on their contract remaining, and how much their wages are. Moore signed a 4 year deal last summer, and is on around £20-25k a week, I think.

Middlesbrough are quoting £20m for Gibson - an English centre back of a similar age - Moore is very close, if not as good, as he is.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
The market is weird. And I think it depends how long they have on their contract remaining, and how much their wages are. Moore signed a 4 year deal last summer, and is on around £20-25k a week, I think.

Middlesbrough are quoting £20m for Gibson - an English centre back of a similar age - Moore is very close, if not as good, as he is.
Would you take Norwood back? And hemed in a swap deal?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Gibson has looked good when I've seen him and would agree 4M for Moore is laughable. Though 20M kind of is too. Meet in the middle and about right. For either.

If Dunk and Duffy get snapped up next year we could do far worse than a pacey pairing of Goldson and Moore though!

I have a feeling they might be looking at Goldson going out on loan again even though we feel he's good, he just needs to be playing solidly in say the Championship until Xmas so we know for sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here