Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
We definitely do need a striker. Kermorgant's 36 and now knackered after a bad injury last season, Chris Martin has gone back to Derby. Bodvarsson is good but not a main striker. The rest are academy lads who aren't quite good enough yet.

In other news, apparently we're signing John O'Shea...

Yes didn't you try and sign Hemed last summer? So it would make sense to make Hemed as part of any deal. Seems to be a step closer if your getting O'Shea in as a replacement.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Just seen that we're after Baldock + cash.

Would he be a good signing? I don't know much about him.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Good championship forward, needs to play off a big man though. Very intelligent player who creates as well as scores. Needs a move as not playing, so this could be a move that suit both parties

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Sam Baldock would make a great signing for any Championship club. Not an out and out striker these days, operates more as a number 10, but has pace and creates more goals than he scores.

The question is, do l really want to see him go? Ne hasn't had the chance to perform for us in the Premier League, but l have the feeling that he might surprise a few people and do a good job, given the chance.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Sounds like he would work well with Bodvarsson, then.

I agree with what the others have said about Baldock. He's one of those players that can often be most effective when without the ball. His movement is excellent, and he stretches defences all over the place (as one example, look back at the goal he scored at The Amex against you in our promotion season). He works hard, and his finishing is good at Championship level. Only worth signing if you're going to play two up-front, which is an increasingly popular formation in the Championship, but not one associated with Clement. Needs to move from here, as we won't play two up-front for 90%+, probably 95%+, of the time in the PL.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So we could be looking at Baldock and Goldson out, Moore in.

Thats 2 HGP out, one in.

We are already short on HGP.
We may need 2 HGP keepers, which is delaying the contract decision for Maenpaa.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Sounds like he would work well with Bodvarsson, then.

Well, like you and Baldock, l don't know Bodvarsson that well, but if he is a big man and can hold the ball up, thus bringing Baldock into play, then yes they could score plenty of goals betwwen them.

Hemed and Baldock, and later Murray and Baldock were potent combinations, so no reason at all why he can't do the same for you.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
The former most certainly is, but l can't see us getting an awful lot more than that for Goldson.

Seems too cheap to me but who knows what the real fee may be if he goes. An excellent prospect at a good age, I feel £6m plus is nearer the mark for me

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Reading could do a lot worse than trying to swap Moore for Goldson and Baldock. They'd be losing (presumably)their best player but would gain a very capable replacement in Goldson and an excellent player in Baldock. He's not a scorer of a large number of goals but what he brings to the team is worth his weight in gold. He was a large part of us finishing third and second in the championship, his movement, pace and link up play caused most championship defences all kinds of problems.

that would be a win-win-win-win-win wouldn't it? We'd win by getting Moore, Reading would win by getting two quality players for the price of one. Moore would win by getting a move to the premier league. Baldock would win by getting a move to a club where he'll be able to play and contribute as would Goldson who would have the added bonus of moving to a more competitive league than Scotland. Win-win-win-win-win!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
Reading could do a lot worse than trying to swap Moore for Goldson and Baldock. They'd be losing (presumably)their best player but would gain a very capable replacement in Goldson and an excellent player in Baldock. He's not a scorer of a large number of goals but what he brings to the team is worth his weight in gold. He was a large part of us finishing third and second in the championship, his movement, pace and link up play caused most championship defences all kinds of problems.

that would be a win-win-win-win-win wouldn't it? We'd win by getting Moore, Reading would win by getting two quality players for the price of one. Moore would win by getting a move to the premier league. Baldock would win by getting a move to a club where he'll be able to play and contribute as would Goldson who would have the added bonus of moving to a more competitive league than Scotland. Win-win-win-win-win!

I'll settle for Knockaert plus cash.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here