Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I really don’t understand it when some of our fans fail to acknowledge/understand CH’s comments on wanting four options for every position i.e four strikers, four full backs, four CMs and four wingers - all of equal or potential pedigree therefore ALL players capable of holding down a first team slot.

That’s what having a competitive squad is and how you drive even higher performance from an already high performing team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spot on... I guess my only concern now is that we don't have to drop too far down the cluster list to avoid being ripped off... then, I correct myself, and think if a CB is on the list, then the Recruitment team must believe they are good enough to genuinely compete with D, D &B...

theroyal

May 11, 2014
This will go all the way to Deadline Day IMO

Hopefully we have Hause all lined up and ready to join if Moore goes.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Yes 15m for Liam Moore is a crazy price to pay, but this is a crazy league, and to a large extent if you want to compete and be successful you do have to pay crazy money. That's not to say l think we should pay Reading that amount, but if we really value him, and we know the funds are there, then maybe we will have to pay close to it.

Controversial l know, but as always l enjoy playing devils advocate..

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I really don’t understand it when some of our fans fail to acknowledge/understand CH’s comments on wanting four options for every position i.e four strikers, four full backs,four CBs, four CMs and four wingers - all of equal or potential pedigree therefore ALL players capable of holding down a first team slot.

That’s what having a competitive squad is and how you drive even higher performance from an already high performing team.

Exactly - and many on here have suggested that we should be more competitive in cup competitions; need more strength in depth to achieve that.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Then you are wrong, in the sense that Balogun and whoever will be expected to genuinely compete with D & D... we are looking for good competition in every position... just look at all the other signings we've made... I give you Jiri / Ali, as a prime example of us strenghtening...

I’m really not when you consider the quality issue. Balogun aside who is an astute signing, covering multiple positions, the others mentioned are no more than replacements for Goldson and Uwe.

We are talking CB’s not wide players.

We should be looking to strengthen but you will rarely replace £15m+ players with £5m championship CBs.

theroyal

May 11, 2014
You'll relent eventually, otherwise you'll be left with a disaffected player on your hands..........

I think he's professional enough to get his head down if the move doesn't happen. Besides, he'll have 4 months of being in the shop window before January, he should use it as an opportunity to impress.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
You'll relent eventually, otherwise you'll be left with a disaffected player on your hands..........
Like we were with Stephens?

I do think it's a different situation, as we had only just missed out on promotion, and I imagine Stephens was confident we'd push again the next season (and we did), whereas Moore won't think he has a chance of PL football with Reading. And also, Dale left it until the last day to hand in a transfer request, whereas Reading have had more time to sort out the Moore situatuion. But still, he might be prepared to stay and do his job.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I really don’t understand it when some of our fans fail to acknowledge/understand CH’s comments on wanting four options for every position i.e four strikers, four full backs,four CBs, four CMs and four wingers - all of equal or potential pedigree therefore ALL players capable of holding down a first team slot.

But you’re missing an important factor in that this will not be achieved overnight, you have to gradually achieve this.

As per my above posts first team £15m+CBs will not be replaced or necessarily have sufficient competition, from £5m replacements.

AJ is an improvement on Skalak and Barnado looks to be better than Suttner/Bong. Bissouma and Andone we don’t know about, but I would hope Andone is better than Hemed/Baldock.

So inevitably we can ‘sell’ the competition aspect, but the reality is different.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
£15m but I think we will accept something around of £8-10m with add ons increasing to £15m now. I think we wanted 15 upfront earlier in the summer.

I saw a flag on the tv with your avatar on and thought of you Mr Reading :thumbsup:

I think I may have seen one on the tv at the World Cup too :clap2:

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Like we were with Stephens?

I do think it's a different situation, as we had only just missed out on promotion, and I imagine Stephens was confident we'd push again the next season (and we did), whereas Moore won't think he has a chance of PL football with Reading. And also, Dale left it until the last day to hand in a transfer request, whereas Reading have had more time to sort out the Moore situatuion. But still, he might be prepared to stay and do his job.

Also taking into account that Dale was two years older than Moore is now, and in his explanation for the request, he detailed how he felt a transfer to Burnley might be one of his last guaranteed opportunities for prem footy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here