Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
Agreed. We are a rich. How rich are we in comparison to the rest of the league though?

Really struggling with your point. Is it

He’s not coming because others will buy him where he’s guaranteed a starting place. (Presumably only Championship teams - but then why leave or why will Reading let him leave)

Or he’s not coming because Albion will be outbid cos although they are rich - they’re not that rich ? - so by a richer top 6 club ? (where, he will struggle to get game time. )

Or it’s because they won’t spend £10m on a player (even though they have- 3 times in the last 12 months)

Or he won’t come because he will be on the bench all the time (maybe but even injuries and suspensions and form suggest this is unlikely but yep - ) .

But not , for some reason , the increasingly likely (given we’ve bid multiple times) and probably inevitable that it’s a almost done deal, £10m+ signing for a youngish prospect to complete and strengthen Albion’s four centre backs in next years squad from a championship team holding out for a decent price and add ons.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Really struggling with your point. Is it

He’s not coming because others will buy him where he’s guaranteed a starting place. (Presumably only Championship teams - but then why leave or why will Reading let him leave)

Or he’s not coming because Albion will be outbid cos although they are rich - they’re not that rich ? - so by a richer top 6 club ? (where, he will struggle to get game time. )

Or it’s because they won’t spend £10m on a player (even though they have- 3 times in the last 12 months)

Or he won’t come because he will be on the bench all the time (maybe but even injuries and suspensions and form suggest this is unlikely but yep - ) .

But not , for some reason , the increasingly likely (given we’ve bid multiple times) and probably inevitable that it’s a almost done deal, £10m+ signing for a youngish prospect to complete and strengthen Albion’s four centre backs in next years squad from a championship team holding out for a decent price and add ons.

I just asked how rich we are in comparison to the rest of the league in relation to you claiming £10m isn't a lot of money? You haven't responded.

I'm not trying to be rude, but what exactly is your point? All I can work out is that you think Moore's £10/15m price tag is a cheap transfer fee for us therefore he's going to be a replacement for Goldson (who barely played for us). A squad player.

Not once have you considered the idea that he actually might be better than Duffy. You've probably never seen him play so what's with this squad player tag you seem dead set on?

Moore is going to be a great player for us (i believe) if he joins us. I doubt we would offer such a big transfer fee with such determination for a championship player if he wasn't worthy of the 1st team. Many users (including yourself) are already claiming he's going to be a squad player before they've even seen him play? Some are even playing down his demand by claiming no other clubs are looking/tracking him!? One user is even writing off Reading's local rag's reports of Moore being tracked by a host of clubs!? The reality is, no one has actually seen him play to judge him. The signing of Duffy had a similar sort of reaction.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Do you think TB ever gets tempted though? Wonder if Barber has to calm him down [emoji38]ol:
The last time Barber said "Tony, spend your money on buying a Belgian club or something..."

[emoji38]ol:

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I am convinced we are going to play a back three. My only concern is wing backs, Bruno and Schelotto can easily play in that role but not so sure about Bong pushing forward, Suttner would be a better pick.
Moore would certainly give us options, I don't think CH had a huge amount of confidence in either Goldson or BFG hence the departures.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I am convinced we are going to play a back three. My only concern is wing backs, Bruno and Schelotto can easily play in that role but not so sure about Bong pushing forward, Suttner would be a better pick.
Moore would certainly give us options, I don't think CH had a huge amount of confidence in either Goldson or BFG hence the departures.

Unfortunately l'd prepare to be disappointed if l were you. Historically Chris Hughton is very cautious, and has almost always played with a tried and tested 4-4-2, and l really can't see him deviating very far from that. Afer all, it served us well last season, so why try and change something if it isn't broken?

As to Goldson and Huihnemaier, the former left because he wants to play regular football, and the latter because his contract came to and end. Not because the club wanted them to go.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Unfortunately l'd prepare to be disappointed if l were you. Historically Chris Hughton is very cautious, and has almost always played with a tried and tested 4-4-2, and l really can't see him deviating very far from that. Afer all, it served us well last season, so why try and change something if it isn't broken?

As to Goldson and Huihnemaier, the former left because he wants to play regular football, and the latter because his contract came to and end. Not because the club wanted them to go.

Why don't you think Moore is being signed to be a starter? We were thrashed by quite a few teams last season. Do you really believe our starting backline doesn't need bolstering?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I not saying we don’t need back up.... but £8m nearing £15m with add ons seems a bit steep.

The market price is the market price. I think it is far too high, but if we want him, then we pay it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Since when did we turn into Portsmouth?

Who said we have? You just lack perspective on market prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
I not saying we don’t need back up.... but £8m nearing £15m with add ons seems a bit steep.

Historically we have been pretty shrewd and don't normally overpay when negotiating, so I'm confident the club think he is worth the extra dough. We may look back at the end of the season and say what a bargain.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here