Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Liam Moore

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Other than the top 6. who else spends that much on players who aren't viewed as potential starters?

£10/15m is still loads for us. We're not Chelsea.

Surely they are potential starters....one suspension/injury and suddenly they are on the bench and just away from playing...seems sensible to have quality back up.
Then of corse there is the muted 3 centre back starting

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Listen, CH hasn’t done too bad so far so if he wants him he must have his reasons. Personally, I don’t think he is a Prem quality player, but there again I thought Salah was rubbish.....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Why don't you think Moore is being signed to be a starter? We were thrashed by quite a few teams last season. Do you really believe our starting backline doesn't need bolstering?

Thrashed by quite a few teams? who? apart from Liverpool and Chelsea thrashed us? In any case the name of the game last season was simply survival at any cost, and we managed that with something to spare.

l think we will start the season with Dunk and Duffy as our centre back pairing, and indeed those two playing together, are one of our strongest assets, and the envy of many a Premier League club.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
a9bf718bebc5bb932d8ee368b259e5fd.png

Reading pushed their luck too far it appears.

Mind you Nixon not the most reliable of info re: transfers.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
Probably wise - best not get a reputation as a club that caves during negotiations. 3 or 4 bids is probably enough - if we see a decent alternative out there.

I imagine it gets to a point where you say...for that much we could just go and get.....instead...who is better.... bit like buying anything really, once you hit a level you think hang on, I could get this one for a bit more but much much better in the end..

It could also flush a response out from the player?? might want to leave? main thing here is that we are prepared to spend big on the right players, but once value no longer exists we are out of there....

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
So the local Senior Sports reporter gets his info for his local team form the Sun?

looks that way..only the other day Boro supposedly pulled out of an agreement for Mcclair according to press, and two days later he is holding the shirt aloft....much of these negotiations are haggle, haggle, looking for who blinks first..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Rather we did pull out then spend 10 million plus on a Championship defender

Early Doors

Coach
Sep 15, 2003
Horsham
If he is referring to an article I saw in the Sun, it doesn't say we have moved on from Moore. It says we are interested in 19 year old centre half from Wolves as we look for a 'star for the future'. No mention of Moore, and I doubt it is connected any way to Moore. More likely as someone to groom as Dunk's replacement if he moves on after this season.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Thrashed by quite a few teams? who? apart from Liverpool and Chelsea thrashed us? In any case the name of the game last season was simply survival at any cost, and we managed that with something to spare.

l think we will start the season with Dunk and Duffy as our centre back pairing, and indeed those two playing together, are one of our strongest assets, and the envy of many a Premier League club.

Really !

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patreon
Jun 27, 2012
If he is referring to an article I saw in the Sun, it doesn't say we have moved on from Moore. It says we are interested in 19 year old centre half from Wolves as we look for a 'star for the future'. No mention of Moore, and I doubt it is connected any way to Moore. More likely as someone to groom as Dunk's replacement if he moves on after this season.

Reading Chronicle are referring to that tweet from Alan Nixon from The Sun ( see screengrab above). Nixon tweeted this morning that his piece about 18 year old Wolves defender Cameron John was un related..(presumably our interest there is u23s related)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here