Jan 28, 2016
ryan

balogan , dunk , duffy
schelotto march

stephens propper kayal knocky
gross
andone

??

The problem with that is you've written March - presumably suggesting you want Solly March to be in the team next season. I'll be disappointed if he isn't playing the "Skalak" role next season.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I quite like the look of this 3 at the back lineup.

Ryan
Balogan Duffy Dunk
Propper a.n.other. Stephens
Knocky Izquierdo (Wingbacks)
Gross
Andone

We will need an extra creative midfielder or two plus two more cover CB,s (IMO)

Poor old Glenn set to miss out then. I have a feeling that he is going to be a major player this coming season too. Andone has yet to kick a ball with his new team mates, and Locadia still hasn't played much football. It will take time for them both to bed in.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think that we will play that formation next season and have said so many times. I also think a number of clubs will play the same formation. especially if England are successful.

I agree with you.

I agree with Bens Grandad

So, let's see if I've got this right: Hughton has decided to play 3 centre-backs next season, and in preparation for this he decided to sell his 3rd-choice centre-back, who is desperate to play first-team football and is an HGP (when we are struggling to meet the minimum HGP numbers).

Makes perfect sense!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
ryan

balogan , dunk , duffy
schelotto march

stephens propper kayal knocky
gross
andone

??

Yes, that would work.

Now we just have to hope that there aren't any Refs that can count to twelve!

theroyal

May 11, 2014
I see Bobby Reid's off to Cardiff for £10m despite only being in the last year of his contract.

Moore's got 3 years left, is also English, the same age, has more experience at a higher level + more honours. You can see why we are holding out for cash.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
So, let's see if I've got this right: Hughton has decided to play 3 centre-backs next season, and in preparation for this he decided to sell his 3rd-choice centre-back, who is desperate to play first-team football and is an HGP (when we are struggling to meet the minimum HGP numbers).

Makes perfect sense!
That clearly isn't right as you have only said it once. You need to say it many times.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I quite like the look of this 3 at the back lineup.

Ryan
Balogan Duffy Dunk
Propper a.n.other. Stephens
Knocky Izquierdo (Wingbacks)
Gross
Andone

We will need an extra creative midfielder or two plus two more cover CB,s (IMO)

Let’s play that line up v Man City as I’d love to see Knocky marking Sane!!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why on earth do people think we are going to play 3 at the back?!

I keep seeing it appearing in different threads and don't know where it's come from?

Clueless that's what.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I see Bobby Reid's off to Cardiff for £10m despite only being in the last year of his contract.

Moore's got 3 years left, is also English, the same age, has more experience at a higher level + more honours. You can see why we are holding out for cash.

Big difference. Strikers are always worth more. Also Reid is younger by a few years

Moore isn't worth 10 million

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I think Duffy's on-going groin issue heightens the need for cover.
Don't think we will be as fortunate this season as we were last season with Dunk @ Duffy.
Balogun looks quality.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Big difference. Strikers are always worth more. Also Reid is younger by a few years

Good Defenders are currently at a premium and everything changed when Liverpool spent £75m on VVD.

Moore would be worth £10m if someone was willing to pay it, just because you wouldn't doesn't mean someone won't.

theroyal

May 11, 2014

No he isn't, Moore is 3 days older than him

Anyway, whether he's "worth that" or not, my point is Reading are entitled to value him for that much given the market

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Playing 3 centre backs or 4-4-1-1 isn’t a binary decision. The more strength in depth you have the more options you have to flex your line up.

We looked good at times playing against Chelsea at home but our unfamiliarity with the formation (and having Duffy in the middle of it) cost us early goals.

The players we’ve signed so far (and those we’ve let go) suggest the overall recruitment strategy is to continue to evolve and strengthen the squad. Actual formations will come out of training once the team is back.

Put simply we’ve always had 2 players for every position whenever we can under Hughton. It’s not a massive stretch to understand that the understudies have to be improved upon just as much as the starters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
If you want an example of what happens when your understudies are not up to scratch you don't have to look much further than England tonight!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good Defenders are currently at a premium and everything changed when Liverpool spent £75m on VVD.

Moore would be worth £10m if someone was willing to pay it, just because you wouldn't doesn't mean someone won't.

Not for a Championship defender sorry. 10 million is over priced. Reading could well have an unhappy player on their books.
VVD is world class big difference to a Championship player

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not for a Championship defender sorry. 10 million is over priced. Reading could well have an unhappy player on their books.

'from'

Otherwise, spot on. In spades. :bowdown:

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016

Hence the £65m price difference.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Makes perfect sense!

:shrug: we'd already bought Balogun so Goldson was already relegated to 4th choice, and we know he wants to play. Maybe CH simply thinks he can get better quality than Goldson. By my count we currently only have 15 non-HGP players out of the 17 allowed, and two of those are Skalak and Hemed, so we're still quite a long way from the point where we should be worrying about that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here