Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoff final - who do you want to win?

Who do you want to win the Championship Playoff Final?

• Fulham

Votes: 295 88.1%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 26 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Yes. I'm not sure I can be bothered to check, but I'll BET there are Villa fans whinging on Twitter and message boards that their allocation isn't big enough and should be bigger than Fulham's.

Thanks for the love so far. Not only are Villa fans saying they should have got more tickets but they're also claiming they'll have 15000 in our end because they got their City/Wolves mates with a booking history in our neutral section to get tickets. We'll see.

The are are lots of connections between Albion and Fulham as well - Sidwell, Rosenior, Zamora in recent years; Mullery, Maybank further back.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Fulham.

Fulham.

A thousand times, Fulham.

john-terry-chelsea.jpg

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Hmm. For the aesthetics of the Premier League (nice away day, another southern team etc) Fulham.

Selfishly as a Brighton fan Villa because they’re still a basket case and would struggle next year - financially cannot sustain huge losses/spending again and might lead to Fulham parting with key assets like Crainey and Sessegnon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Villa. Roughly 100 miles closer to where I live than Fulham.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yes. I'm not sure I can be bothered to check, but I'll BET there are Villa fans whinging on Twitter and message boards that their allocation isn't big enough and should be bigger than Fulham's.

When we visited there for the FAC match in 2011, on the giant screens for an hour before kick off, they relentlessly went on about their 1982 European Cup triumph. A great achievement at the time, as were Forest’s double. But it seemed strange that a club and fanbase which considers itself massive, only have one main talking point. It points to them NOT being as significant in modern British football as they bizarrely believe.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free
We like Fulham. They are a nice club with nice fans.

Aston Villa are an arrogant club with a higher proportion of not-so-nice fans.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Thanks for the love so far. Not only are Villa fans saying they should have got more tickets but they're also claiming they'll have 15000 in our end because they got their City/Wolves mates with a booking history in our neutral section to get tickets. We'll see.

The are are lots of connections between Albion and Fulham as well - Sidwell, Rosenior, Zamora in recent years; Mullery, Maybank further back.

They were saying the same when they visited recently, how it was ridiculous they weren't getting a bigger allocation and that they had fans throughout the ground. Also how fantastic their away support is.

They didn't, and they weren't. Seems like their fans overstretch just as much as their club has/does.

Fast forward 6 months and we were given less than we gave them when we visited villa park where they choose to serve alcohol from only one kiosk, despite us wanting to celebrate promotion (and potential trophy :shootself) and despite them having an entire stand closed because their support is flakey as ****.

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When we visited there for the FAC match in 2011, on the giant screens for an hour before kick off, they relentlessly went on about their 1982 European Cup triumph. A great achievement at the time, as were Forest’s double. But it seemed strange that a club and fanbase which considers itself massive, only have one main talking point. It points to them NOT being as significant in modern British football as they bizarrely believe.
Oddly enough, I went up there to see them play an FA Cup match...with Fulham (who were league one at the time).

Highly amusing to see their fans all pissed off after they'd been turned over by the plucky minnows. More of the same tomorrow please.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Fulham.

Fulham.

A thousand times, Fulham.

john-terry-chelsea.jpg

Was going to put Villa as have lived in Birmingham and still have family there and not far for me as an away day, but as soon as I saw this bellend it’s got to be Fulham hasn’t it.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We like Fulham. They are a nice club with nice fans.

Aston Villa are an arrogant club with a higher proportion of not-so-nice fans.

I would take any London club apart from the Nigels over Villa

Yes including Millwall.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Hmm. For the aesthetics of the Premier League (nice away day, another southern team etc) Fulham.

Selfishly as a Brighton fan Villa because they’re still a basket case and would struggle next year - financially cannot sustain huge losses/spending again and might lead to Fulham parting with key assets like Crainey and Sessegnon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ryan Fredericks always looks quality when I’ve seen him play. Would be a great signing if Fulham don’t win and the squad gets picked off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Has everyone on here forgotten that Villa (Bruce) nicked our assistant manager, more or less live on Sky.......what other reason do we, as a club, want Fulham to win......no brainer !!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I don't care...we are premier now...the rest of the non premier league sides are nothing to meeeeeeee oh Vienna....

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Fulham, hate everything about Villa

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
One of my best mates is a Fulham ST holder, so I could've gone to the final if it wasn't for my son having a football tournament!

One of my favourite grounds, really what's not to like? We normally get a result up there too. I've missed our annual trip there so hopefully it'll be back on next season.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here