Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Championship Playoff final - who do you want to win?

Who do you want to win the Championship Playoff Final?

• Fulham

Votes: 295 88.1%
  • Aston Villa

Votes: 14 4.2%
  • Don't Care

Votes: 26 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Oddly enough, I went up there to see them play an FA Cup match...with Fulham (who were league one at the time).

Highly amusing to see their fans all pissed off after they'd been turned over by the plucky minnows. More of the same tomorrow please.

I remember that. An amusing day out.

https://www.11v11.com/matches/aston-villa-v-fulham-23-january-1999-25341/

Aston Villa had the likes of Barry, Southgate, Merson, and Joachim. It was a pretty terrible performance all round.

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Ryan Fredericks always looks quality when I’ve seen him play. Would be a great signing if Fulham don’t win and the squad gets picked off.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

He's supposed to be going to the Irons (with Cairney) if we don't go up.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Obviously, it doesn't matter. Now we are an established top-flight team 'We really should be beating' newly promoted championship fodder. :angel:

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Fulham all the way, not the John Terry circus team!

There's a lot of Fulham drinking in Uxbridge and Ruislip tomorrow although shamefully Wealdstone FC are trying to attract Villa fans. I used to watch Ruislip Manor at the ground Wealdstone play at now. The Manor wore the same kit as Fulham so it was a no-brainer. They're probably owned by a Brentford fan now.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
There's a lot of Fulham drinking in Uxbridge and Ruislip tomorrow although shamefully Wealdstone FC are trying to attract Villa fans. I used to watch Ruislip Manor at the ground Wealdstone play at now. The Manor wore the same kit as Fulham so it was a no-brainer. They're probably owned by a Brentford fan now.

Wealdstone always attract fans to come and drink their, pre Wembley games.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
How have 4 Albion fans voted for Villa? Have they never been to craven cottage? I'd rather go there for a friendly, spite free day by the Thames with a nice easy return home than schlepping up to shithouse Birmingham to have the OB smack you for looking at them in a funny way and to smell the stink of Villa"big club" park and their godawful bogs.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I really don’t mind. Good away trips as far as I’m concerned. If Fulham come up I reckon that will be our Boxing Day match.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
Fulham all day long.
Taking a pragmatic view - we cannot keep winning there, so if we have to lose to someone, I would much prefer Fulham than Villa.
So many good recent memories: the 'ring of fire' night where our fortunes turned round; the ironic singing of "we're top of the league" going back through the park in late summer and that's where we stayed for 4 months or so. Then the Dunk rampage and follow up.
It may be further for me from Manchester, but it is only just over half an hour extra on the train.

:

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
My memory is terrible but I'm sure there is a 20ish year old reason to bear a grudge against Villa. I'm sure it was money related when we were broke.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
How have 4 Albion fans voted for Villa? Have they never been to craven cottage? I'd rather go there for a friendly, spite free day by the Thames with a nice easy return home than schlepping up to shithouse Birmingham to have the OB smack you for looking at them in a funny way and to smell the stink of Villa"big club" park and their godawful bogs.

I voted Villa. I supported them as a youngster but went off them because they became too successful (the original un-glory hunter is me). I then threw my lot in fully with Albion (little danger there at the time).

I still like to see Villa doing well, obviously not at our expense, and, for me, the top flight is better for them. I won't be bothered if they lose tomorrow though. Fulham is a good day out.

I don't watch out for them much these days.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
Fulham.

Great supporters, great ground, great area.

Great pubs on the way in, great pubs on the way back.

Fulham is just GREAT.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
My memory is terrible but I'm sure there is a 20ish year old reason to bear a grudge against Villa. I'm sure it was money related when we were broke.

Gareth Barry?

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

Gareth Barry/John Gregory

There are more recent reasons to dislike them:

- Nicking our assistant manager shortly before playing them behind Chris's back, presumably to try and kickstart some kind of Albion decline so they could rocket up the table and take our automatic. Went well - we were promoted, they finished 13th.
- Watching Bruce stating they 'got their man' on TV after the game. I doubt if he gave a **** what AM they hired, as far as I know they had never worked together before, just wanted to disrupt us.
- Albert 'honks his horn' Adomah plays for them, a truly grotesque individual who seems destined for the chop at every club he gets promoted with.
- Refusing to grant us any more than 2700 tickets to celebrate promotion (and potential trophy) despite us giving them 3k+ when they visited and despite them having an empty stand.
- Behaviour of their fans on the last day of the season as if they had just won the league by stopping us lifting the trophy via a mishit bobbler that somehow made it's way past Stockdale. Surprised there wasn't a pitch invasion to be honest.
- Stan Collymore

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here