Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Better late than never, eh?

Later this evening I will put a Privacy Policy live on NSC which I will link to here >>> http://northstandchat.com/privacy.php (Formatting to aid legibility will be applied tomorrow, Friday 25/05/18)

In essence though, nothing on NSC is changing:

1. The only personal details NSC holds about you are those you provided yourself, either at registration or at some point since. In essence this will be an email address and, possibly, date of birth. You can view and amend these any time you like in your User Control Panel.

2. NSC does record IP addresses used to access the site, we do this to protect the site against unauthorised access and abuse.

3. NSC has never given nor sold NSC user data to any third party, and has no intention of ever doing so.

4. You remain free to change the personal details NSC does hold at any time.

5. Your account ("Right to be forgotten") can be deleted upon request. Note: this will not remove your posts from NSC - upon account deletion they will be tagged with an anonymised username. Should you wish to delete your NSC account you can be given access to remove any posts you wish to no longer be on NSC prior to the full account deletion.

6. NSC uses an advertising partner that uses technology intended to serve you ads that are more likely to be of interest to you, often (but not always) based on your prior browsing habits, sites you have visited and products you have looked at. Personally, I'd rather have ads I may be interested in than the worst kind of ads (Russian brides anyone?) that may otherwise be served.

However, I fully appreciate this isn't everyone's choice, so you will be able to opt out of these ads. Note: you will not be opting out of ads completely - NSC will retain the current ad-supported model (no ads = no NSC) - but the ads you will see will be completely random. This might suit you if you were looking for a new partner from a less-wealthy part of the world and/or some sort of sexual dysfunction treatment.

I will apply the widget that will enable to you to make those choices sometime late tonight or early tomorrow morning. Once you have made that choice, as things stand, you will be stuck with it, although in the near future your User Control Panel will contain a link to enable you to change that at will.

7. NSC has never sent a single marketing email. The only emails you will receive from NSC will be notifications of site activity which, again, you can turn on or off as you desire in your User Control Panel.

If you have a concern about NSC and your account in relation to privacy, security and/or GDPR, please drop me a note and I will do my best to satisfy your request as quickly as possible.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've yet to apply the advertising widget thing supplied to NSC yet as I'm not entirely happy with it.

Simply, if I don't understand the options then many other won't. I say that not because I possess some sort of higher brain power as I clearly don't, more that I've dealt with web advertising for NSC for many years, and I'm befuddled. I'll update here before it is applied so you have some warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here