Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warning: The club is setting up Direct Debits for Bronze membership without instruction

0 Not allowed!
    Evening all,

I will be ringing the club tomorrow re. this and have already cancelled it with my bank but I thought I would warn anyone else on here. The club has this evening sent me an email notifying me that they have set up a direct debit to collect money for a bronze membership on 1st June, the catch being I have not asked them to do that for this year. I did set one up for last season, but actually cancelled that before the money was collected so I think it is quite cheeky of them to assume I would want it for this season, when I didn't have it last season and have given them no indication otherwise.

I will let you know what the club say, think I might also be putting in a GDPR request to find out exactly what info the club holds on me and how they process it, just to inconvenience them how they have inconvenienced me.

x
    DI CANIO FOR MANAGER.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Evening all,

I will be ringing the club tomorrow re. this and have already cancelled it with my bank but I thought I would warn anyone else on here. The club has this evening sent me an email notifying me that they have set up a direct debit to collect money for a bronze membership on 1st June, the catch being I have not asked them to do that for this year. I did set one up for last season, but actually cancelled that before the money was collected so I think it is quite cheeky of them to assume I would want it for this season, when I didn't have it last season and have given them no indication otherwise.

I will let you know what the club say, think I might also be putting in a GDPR request to find out exactly what info the club holds on me and how they process it, just to inconvenience them how they have inconvenienced me.

x
      You know I'm right
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      Evening all,

x
      Can I hang around with you ? No, I mean seriously. You are one cool dude.
      Longing for retirement. AmexRuislip's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Ever since I was a young boy, I've played the silver ball.
      From Soho down to Brighton, I must have played them all.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by hopkins View Post
      Can I hang around with you ? No, I mean seriously. You are one cool dude.
      I'll see what I can do x
      DI CANIO FOR MANAGER.

4 Not allowed!
      Evening all,

x
      Or.......

...club makes small admin error in failing to record cancellation of direct debit.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Name:  popcorn.jpg
Views: 683
Size:  10.0 KB
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      I just had confirmation of my daughter's membership by DD, and it does say it will be renewed on the 01 June each year.

Does also say 'Please notify the club if you cancel your DD'...
      Last edited by Bold Seagull; 24-05-2018 at 20:03.
      C'mon the Albion! Seagulltonian's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I've now managed to pick up a season ticket, so I'm guessing the £22 I paid last year wasn't too bad an investment then?
      Should I cancel my Bronze membership now?
      93 Points and Promotion to the Premier League! We've Made It! 2016/17!
      75 Points and 4th place 2012/13 Upwards progress continues
      66 Points and 10th in the Championship 2011/12
      Championes Championes - League 1 2010/11!!
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      They sent me an email telling me I didn't have a direct debit, when I did. I know they definitely did have it - and indeed they took money from it today.