Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We are Brighton

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Most would rightfully condem him as many have Duffy. However, I’m yet to see a homophobic tweet from Duffy myself, one that wasn’t homophobic and one with a word blocked out that therefore even more unreadable from Duffys usual tweets! But yeh anything homophobic isn’t cool, I think the fact they played on the BHA thing when it was nothing to with BHA was the most offensive part of it all for most though.

That's what the papers are like though, let's face it they probably wouldn't have bothered as much if it was a footballer at any other club.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
That's what the papers are like though, let's face it they probably wouldn't have bothered as much if it was a footballer at any other club.

They wouldn't have bothered if he wasn't in Jordan's knickers. It's still tomorrow's chip paper.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Turn my back on them in what regard exactly?
Well thousands of your fans (probably including you) sang 'we scored 3, you scored 1, Brighton take it up the bum', which you repeated over and over. And then you sang similar the following season.

So are you going to say that you think the behaviour of thousands of Palace fans was unacceptable, or not?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Conveniently forgetting it was 6 years ago when he was at Everton. It just suits your agenda, doesn't it, to try and accuse us of double standards.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Turn my back on them in what regard exactly? It's you lot that paint yourselves as all inclusive and zero tolerance to homophobia etc. That's why I'm surprised that most of you are so quick to brush it off because it was a few years ago.

No I have a very good memory. I also do not have double standards.

No-one is brushing off Duffy's tweet. It's only you claiming that anyone is. No-one is impressed with his tweet, and no-one is supporting him in it nor dismissing his behaviour.

The issue is about what sanction is appropriate and proportionate. You want to scream and shout and harangue him - principally because he's now at Brighton. If Jay Rodriguez was here, you'd be all over this site like a rash. Meanwhile, back in the real world, an apology, internal sanction, and maybe even a crash-course in social behaviour (which doesn't have to shouted from the rooftops to your slavering satisfaction) ought to suffice.

Unless you have suddenly now become society's arbiter of all social wrong-doings, and feel something different and inappropriate is required.

So, please. Don't ever lecture anyone on tackling homophobia, nor talking about double standards.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Short term memory loss? 'We scored 3, they scored 1, Brighton take it up..... etc etc.

When in glass palaces, don't throw stones.

Is he a Palace goon ?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
No-one is brushing off Duffy's tweet. It's only you claiming that anyone is. No-one is impressed with his tweet, and no-one is supporting him in it nor dismissing his behaviour.

The issue is about what sanction is appropriate and proportionate. You want to scream and shout and harangue him - principally because he's now at Brighton. If Jay Rodriguez was here, you'd be all over this site like a rash. Meanwhile, back in the real world, an apology, internal sanction, and maybe even a crash-course in social behaviour (which doesn't have to shouted from the rooftops to your slavering satisfaction) ought to suffice.

Unless you have suddenly now become society's arbiter of all social wrong-doings, and feel something different and inappropriate is required.

So, please. Don't ever lecture anyone on tackling homophobia, nor talking about double standards.

I'm not the arbiter of anything, I really could not care less. But if this had been someone like Zaha then he would have been vilified for it over and over. From what I have read on here from some it's okay as he was young at the time, when he wasnt exactly that young. Or because he was at Everton at the time, so when Jay Rodriguez moves clubs all will be forgiven and his alledged past will have to be forgotten. I really don't care as I have said before, it's just the double standards that make me laugh. You either have a zero approach or you do not.
I don't want to harangue Duffy at all as genuinely I do not care about this, there are worse things to think about. But I stand by my original point that if this was Zaha you lot would be up in arms.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I'm not the arbiter of anything, I really could not care less. But if this had been someone like Zaha then he would have been vilified for it over and over. From what I have read on here from some it's okay as he was young at the time, when he wasnt exactly that young. Or because he was at Everton at the time, so when Jay Rodriguez moves clubs all will be forgiven and his alledged past will have to be forgotten. I really don't care as I have said before, it's just the double standards that make me laugh. You either have a zero approach or you do not.
I don't want to harangue Duffy at all as genuinely I do not care about this, there are worse things to think about. But I stand by my original point that if this was Zaha you lot would be up in arms.

Obviously. Zaha is our pantomime villain, we'd stick the boot in at any opportunity.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
You don't care so much that you keep hanging around like a bad smell, to tell us how much you don't care.

We wouldn't have to wait for the Sun to dig up some old tweets about waxing eyebrows (homophobic?) to have a go at Zaha, we could be having a go about his criminal family. But we don't because we couldn't care less.

We stick to laughing at his diving in every game.

Goodnight.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
You don't care so much that you keep hanging around like a bad smell, to tell us how much you don't care.

We wouldn't have to wait for the Sun to dig up some old tweets about waxing eyebrows (homophobic?) to have a go at Zaha, we could be having a go about his criminal family. But we don't because we couldn't care less.

We stick to laughing at his diving in every game.

Goodnight.

Nope you are right. I have never ever read on here anything about his Brother, nope, never ever. For the record his brother is a 24 carat prick of the highest order.
You carry on laughing at Zaha, I laugh a lot at him as well. Normally when he's scoring goals against you lot.
Anyway no doubt you will reply but I will let you just have your say as I don't have a spare 22 hours per day to go back and forth with you.
Goodnight.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Is that not double standards though. You would do it to any Palace player and I'm fairly sure players at other clubs.
Zaha would certainly get the full "faux outrage" there would be letters to the FA and all sorts.

Others would get a bit of stick from the offended on others behalf brigade I suspect. Duffy has had a bit of stick on here but most think it's a bit of a non-story.

That said if it gives you something to get involved with, you knock yourself out. Have fun.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

But you're not comparing like-for-like.

Other than the abject failure when he tried his hand at a big club, Zaha has been with you throughout his development. Tweets from Zaha at the same age as those from Duffy would have come from him as a Palace squad member / employee.

Selecting one of your players at random, the Shane Duffy incident would be more like Patrick van Aanholt tweeting something when he was at Wigan in 2011. He then moved to Sunderland (Duffy: Blackburn) before moving to Palace (Duffy: Brighton).

So, let's turn this round, what would you expect Palace to do/say about something van Aanholt did when considerably younger at Wigan?

As I've said, I'm surprised that the Albion have not made a statement of any kind about this, but I also know that most/all football clubs are somewhat hypocritical with how they treat fans and players. There's no way the Albion, Palace or any similar club would be sacking a £10m player (or whatever he is worth) and telling him to go and find another job right now. It would be commercial suicide. That's not to say I personally think Duffy should be sacked, but I'm trying to guess at where your faux outrage is pretending your expectation lies here.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I am a big fan of the WAB guys.

They are very good writers and churn out some excellent content on a regular basis, as evidenced by their nomination for a (National) Football Blogging Award.

They can be a bit arsey when they've had a few and some of their tweets have been a bit near the bone. Most of the time though, they are just saying what the rest of us are thinking and are prepared to put their heads above the parapet.

Proper fans and good blokes - long may it continue.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
as evidenced by their nomination for a (National) Football Blogging Award.

The Football Blogging Awards?

No disrespect to anyone, but I'm not sure those awards are indicative of anything at all, and I say that with NSC having been shortlisted on several occasions before. Mr and Mrs [MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION] seemed to have a good night when they went representing NSC though.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I really don't care as I have said before, it's just the double standards that make me laugh.
Sorry, still waiting for you to criticise all your fans for their behaviour:

Well thousands of your fans (probably including you) sang 'we scored 3, you scored 1, Brighton take it up the bum', which you repeated over and over. And then you sang similar the following season.

So are you going to say that you think the behaviour of thousands of Palace fans was unacceptable, or not?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Sorry, still waiting for you to criticise all your fans for their behaviour:

You have to remember the football season is over and the only vaguely interesting thing to do in South London, other than stab each other, set fire to things or eat Nando's has just been taken from them. They'll be populating every thread they can like a bad smell until the season starts because the only legal alternatives involve Ikea or knocking one out. However, if they have another start like last term then they'll all be off like rats off the Mary Rose. Again.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Why is a Palace gimp posting on this thread anyway? It's got absolutely nothing to do with Palace and (as Bozza has pointed out) even his desperate attempt at a comparison is tenuous bullshit and makes no sense.

Go burn your town down or visit your sister's caravan for some family time. You tit.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here