Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spitting distance from Croydon, let me check...yup still spitting distance

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Durlston View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Fortunately my medical letters proved that I was telling the truth and they had no case for me lying. All I said was "Well, I've got two extremely long, powerful, detailed letters here. I had an accident at work - I don't want to sue them because they did nothing wrong and they're lovely people but I'm a danger to myself at the moment. While I'm having hospital tests for serious illnesses I have no source of income."
    When I asked for an appeal (that's a story in itself), I asked the DWP why they haven't got in contact with either my doctor or healthcare professional. The reply knocked me back a bit "can't you do it?" I said that if I get a letter from my healthcare professional then it'll cost me £30. The DWP lady suggested I get a letter from my doctor instead, I then told her it'd still cost £30 as it's the same practice. I forked out for the letter as I felt it would help.
    To not even bother getting in contact with my doctor annoys me no end. To me it feels like they're accusing everybody of lying, including my NHS doctor and nurse.
    On the perception of disabled people in this country;
    "That's the problem you get. People are either shown those amazing Paralympians who are competing for their country, who are incredible individuals or benefit scroungers."
    - Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      An utterly heinous way to treat people in need:

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ss-assessments

4 Not allowed!
      It's awful that people in need have to go through this, but let's not just blame the government - blame those taking the piss as well.
      Quote Originally Posted by Billy the Fish View Post
      Are people taking stupidity pills on here today or something

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Surrey Seagull View Post
      When I asked for an appeal (that's a story in itself), I asked the DWP why they haven't got in contact with either my doctor or healthcare professional. The reply knocked me back a bit "can't you do it?" I said that if I get a letter from my healthcare professional then it'll cost me £30. The DWP lady suggested I get a letter from my doctor instead, I then told her it'd still cost £30 as it's the same practice. I forked out for the letter as I felt it would help.
      To not even bother getting in contact with my doctor annoys me no end. To me it feels like they're accusing everybody of lying, including my NHS doctor and nurse.
      It's awful - the onus is always put on the claimant.

Another consideration to aide a claim and assessment is the side effects of any medication prescribed for the condition - be it physical or mental health - too many people overlook it and it doesn't get mentioned.
      Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
      In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
      Yea, Sussex by the sea!
      Milkman's Son. JamesAndTheGiantHead's Avatar

6 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      It's awful that people in need have to go through this, but let's not just blame the government - blame those taking the piss as well.
      Fraud only accounts for about 1% of overall benefit claims. This isn't to restrict people making fraudulent claims, it's to put off people in genuine need of support from applying.

PIP appeal success rates is ridiculously high, around 90% I believe. Unfortunately I'm cynical enough to believe that these assessment companies are rejecting claims and hoping that people will give up and go without.

4 Not allowed!
      If people haven't been through this or have family or friends that haven't then they should open their eyes and see what is being done by the DWP, don't forget anyone is an illness or injury away from having to deal with all the DWP throw at you
      Spitting distance from Croydon, let me check...yup still spitting distance

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Notters View Post
      The DWP have stated that they believe that 0.5 % of all DLA claimants are on too high a level or shouldn't be on it at all. The Government stated they wanted 500,000 people to not be on PIP out of the 3,000,000 DLA claimants. 0.5% of 3,000,000 is not 500,000. So the majority of people who are going to be affected are innocent claimants unfortunately.
      On the perception of disabled people in this country;
      "That's the problem you get. People are either shown those amazing Paralympians who are competing for their country, who are incredible individuals or benefit scroungers."
      - Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      This is not dissimilar to when an "outside contractor" was engaged to review Tax Credit claims. They did anything and everything to try to refute claims and if that failed they tried to bully claimants to stop claiming.

I had a client who had a joint mortgage with another fella (because neither of them could afford a mortgage on their own) and his claim was stopped because he was "in a relationship with another man". It was only a couple of weeks later when watching Victoria Derbyshire that I realised that this was one of their "angles"; they had been suggesting that others in the same household were "in a relationship".. including a mother and daughter!

I suspect that like the Tax Credit "agency", this mob get paid by results so they will always try to find any "excuse" to reject the claim and if that doesn't work they then lie and bully the claimant so they just give up. Total scumbags.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by JamesAndTheGiantHead View Post
      PIP appeal success rates is ridiculously high, around 90% I believe. Unfortunately I'm cynical enough to believe that these assessment companies are rejecting claims and hoping that people will give up and go without.
      Not cynical at all. It is reality. This is exactly what is happening.
      Hotdogs, extra onions clippedgull's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
      Yes,

I was actually in the support group for ESA.

I got 'assessed' by a paramedic on sick leave, when he was running through my symptoms heart disease ( 5 stents currently ), severe depression and anxiety, he actually said to me, 'yes, I'm on sick leave with depression at the moment' I though WTF is this guy doing assessing for this company.

Anyway, got found fit to work, 0 points down from my original 20 that was awarded for exactly the same condition which hadn't improved. Appealed and got awarded 8 points. F****** joke. Luckily I was near early retirement availability with my previous jobs, railway and post office.

So last December I told the DWP to go and get f*****, in my head of course.

Good luck to anyone having to go through the above s***.
      Proud Member Of Team BHAFC since 1974