Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HOFNSKIN View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CENTRE FOR HEALTH & DISABILITY ASSESSMENT, MEDWYN HOUSE, MOUNTFIELD ROAD, LEWES , BN72XR.

Have any members ever had any dealings with this organisation, and what was the outcome?.
    Bear in mind that you, or whoever you're inquiring for in regards to this assessment are being clocked the moment you walk in there. You may well be asked how you/they got there today - arriving on your own unaccompanied will count against you no matter what the condition is.

Whatever the condition is you/they are being assessed for - make sure you're having a bad day with it when you're assessed, as you'll need to state you do every day with it and include all elements related to it when being assessed as has been suggested.

Bear in mind too that if the worst happens, the majority of appeals to tribunals are successful though.

If you're in the Lewes area, these people will be able to help - http://www.lewesdistrictcab.org.uk/

Good luck.
    Last edited by ManOfSussex; 24-05-2018 at 09:31.
    Each to his choice, and I rejoice the lot has fallen to me
    In a fair ground-in a fair ground -
    Yea, Sussex by the sea!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Spitting distance from Croydon, let me check...yup still spitting distance

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ManOfSussex View Post
      Bear in mind that you, or whoever, you're inquiring for in regards to this assessment are being clocked the moment you walk in there. You may well be asked how you/they got there today - arriving on your own unaccompanied will count against you too no matter what the condition is.

Whatever the condition is you/they are being assessed for - make sure you're having a bad day with it when you're assessed, as you'll need to state you do every day with it and include all elements related to it when being assessed as has been suggested.

Bear in mind too that if the worst happens, the majority of appeals to tribunals are successful though.

If you're in the Lewes area, these people will be able to help - http://www.lewesdistrictcab.org.uk/

Good luck.
      It's exactly this. As ManOfSussex said get in touch with the CAB as soon as possible. They helped me no end with my case and subsequent appeal.
      Before my case went to a tribunal, I was sent all the evidence from DWP. According to them I had made a particular statement about my disability. When their evidence arrived, I was able to prove that they had lied about this statement completely.
      Last edited by Surrey Seagull; 24-05-2018 at 09:49.
      On the perception of disabled people in this country;
      "That's the problem you get. People are either shown those amazing Paralympians who are competing for their country, who are incredible individuals or benefit scroungers."
      - Baroness Tanni Grey-Thompson DBE
      Members

3 Not allowed!
      Take a trained advocate with you. Possability people have them I know because my wife used to be one. Be very careful to prepare and as already said answer worst case not best. Good luck. If you end up appealing the comfort is around 80% of appeals succeed.

5 Not allowed!
      Horrible experience, the guy was not interested in what I had to say he kept cutting me off and saying "a simple Yes or No is all I need", and then he lied constantly on the form when I got it back but about my answers but I appealed and won. Your often dealing with people that act like robots they are so switched off to what you are saying it's unreal. When I was in the waiting room some poor man who needed help to walk was in such a state he looked so ill and scared by it all another who was clearly has severe learning difficulties. It's a vile system it really is.

0 Not allowed!
      Attended with a wheelchair bound mate last year. After an obvious and compelling case was slowly and clearly presented, an attempt was made to remove benefits.

2 Not allowed!
      A lot depends on who you get. PM me if you need any help. I'm bipolar and anaemic - mentally and physically wrecked.
      "Nothing personal but I don't trust you." Layer Cake 2004.

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Carrot Cruncher View Post
      Christ, it sounds like something the Nazis dreamt up in the 1930s.
      People who have never been through the process will never understand how humiliating and worrying it is. I cannot think of anything worse then going for an assessment or even signing on just so you can have a bit of money.

It really is a cat and mouse game with these people but lives are a stake.
      Kobanî liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

Collaboration Alternative.

0 Not allowed!
      Alternative; you don't have to fight them all the way: play their game and don't worry about the result. Get a Doctor's note and present it to the DHSS official of the work you can and cannot do and present it separately to the DHSS at interview. Personal Doctor will be reluctant to say you can do work that will impair your health. Jobs for the capacity reduced are few and far between. This way works with minimal grief.

Assessment Doctor is just third party advice.

https://fitforwork.org/blog/talking-...t-your-health/
      Last edited by perseus; 24-05-2018 at 12:19.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe

2 Not allowed!
      It stories like me that mean the whole "Taking back control" mantra espoused by many doesn't overly fill me with confidence. Our government of whatever colour is equally capable of being as unpleasant/unfair as the EU.
      RICHARD SWIVELLER, a good-hearted, though somewhat queer young man

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jackthelad View Post
      Horrible experience, the guy was not interested in what I had to say he kept cutting me off and saying "a simple Yes or No is all I need", and then he lied constantly on the form when I got it back but about my answers but I appealed and won. Your often dealing with people that act like robots they are so switched off to what you are saying it's unreal. When I was in the waiting room some poor man who needed help to walk was in such a state he looked so ill and scared by it all another who was clearly has severe learning difficulties. It's a vile system it really is.
      Fortunately my medical letters proved that I was telling the truth and they had no case for me lying. All I said was "Well, I've got two extremely long, powerful, detailed letters here. I had an accident at work - I don't want to sue them because they did nothing wrong and they're lovely people but I'm a danger to myself at the moment. While I'm having hospital tests for serious illnesses I have no source of income."
      "Nothing personal but I don't trust you." Layer Cake 2004.