Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 252
  1. #151
    Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Goldstone
    Posts
    38,287


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by seagulls4ever View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The article actually says, if I am reading correctly (as you say reporting is a bit crap), that the police were unable to reduce the distance between them and his car, despite the police reaching speeds of 110mph, which implies AK was driving at a similar speed:
    Well the prosecutor said that. Maybe they were reducing the distance, but not quickly

    It's difficult to tell how bad it was from the report. But driving at 110 isn't always bad IMO.
    Hold tight, my man
    He's got the frisbee

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #152
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      38,287


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagulls4ever View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The article says he was "weaving through the road and using excessive speed and tailgating".
      Could you give me the minimum definition of 'weaving' please?
      Obviously going 100 is excessive, but not necessarily risking life.

      I guess I'm the only one here who's ever been speeding (a confession, not a brag, for those too stupid to tell).
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
    • #153
      Members Nixonator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      5,281


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes, I notice some of those who suggested we get rid after his sending off have the knives out again
      It's with remarkable consistency that the same old dick heads who have been calling him for to be axed because he's not 'PL quality' are the ones with the knives out in this thread with the odd exception.
    • #154

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Could you give me the minimum definition of 'weaving' please?
      Obviously going 100 is excessive, but not necessarily risking life.

      I guess I'm the only one here who's ever been speeding (a confession, not a brag, for those too stupid to tell).
      I'm just relaying what the article says, since you asked if there was anything more than speeding. I haven't offered any opinion as to the rights or wrongs of it.

      The reporting is not clear, but the image weaving draws up in my mind is manoeuvring between cars to overtake, which implies undertaking. There's no specific law against undertaking itself, but it can become dangerous/careless driving.

      Tailgating was also mentioned, which is illegal.
      Last edited by seagulls4ever; 23-05-2018 at 23:55.
    • #155
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      18,148


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.
      Apparently, you know a little bit more....

      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc).
      Got there in the end.
    • #156
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      18,148


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's with remarkable consistency that the same old dick heads who have been calling him for to be axed because he's not 'PL quality' are the ones with the knives out in this thread with the odd exception.
      He is one of the most exciting players I've seen play for the Albion.

      Doesn't make him any less of a knob for driving like that.

      In my ideal world he'd receive a ban from driving, be exposed to the consequences of driving like that and score a hattrick on the first day of the season.
    • #157
      Registered loser Megazone's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Location
      Northern Hemisphere.
      Posts
      6,660


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Stephens and many others all in that same ball park. It’s the going PL rate.
      Huddersfield don't have a player on more than 10k a week.
    • #158
      Members Nixonator's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2016
      Location
      Shoreham Beach
      Posts
      5,281


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He is one of the most exciting players I've seen play for the Albion.

      Doesn't make him any less of a knob for driving like that.

      In my ideal world he'd receive a ban from driving, be exposed to the consequences of driving like that and score a hattrick on the first day of the season.
      Fair enough. What are you going to do, campaign for a harsher sentence? Surely your gripe is with the legal system.

      Otherwise you're just going to have to move past this and support the bloke. Superstar footballer acts like a dick and speeds in his (not so) supercar - hardly a first is it.

      I seem to recall fairly recently James Rodriguez refusing to stop for police and doing something like 130mph (double the speed limit) and getting away with just a pitiful fine because he claimed fear of being kidknapped (also late for training by the way). At least AK has admitted guilt and not conjured up some bullshit like that.
    • #159
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2003
      Posts
      18,148


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Surely your gripe is with the legal system.
      Never understood that argument. I'm quite free to pass down my own judgement of dickhead.

      Quote Originally Posted by Nixonator View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Otherwise you're just going to have to move past this and support the bloke.
      Not your call.
    • #160
      Y.P.J spence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Non EU
      Posts
      7,208


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Megazone View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Huddersfield don't have a player on more than 10k a week.
      Don't believe that
      Kobanî liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •