Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 252
  1. #141
    #BrightonNil StonehamPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    8,773


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he'd been on some sections of the autobahn it wouldn't even have been speeding.
    Stupid logic.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #142
      Up the Albion! Brighton_Rose's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2011
      Location
      Withdean Brighton
      Posts
      173


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazwag View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So what was Knocky driving if the police were in his car
      This post made me laugh!

      (But was v disappointed in Knocky really as I can’t stand arrogant, dangerous drivers)
    • #143
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      36,449


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Stupid logic.
      Can you explain why? Doing 110 doesn't suddenly mean you're endangering life.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
    • #144
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      36,449


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      He wasn't though was he. What a ridiculous statement.

      1) Wasn't done for speeding

      2) Would have probably have been done in Germany for driving like that.
      Driving like what? Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc). All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
    • #145
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      14,592


      0 Not allowed!
      Firstly, he's a complete knob and probably realizes that now.

      However, there does appear to be some holes in the info, possible in the actual facts or possible in the dire reporting.

      Nowhere does it state what speed he was actually doing yet many are banging on about him doing over 40mph above the limit. The article only states that it was the Police that drove at 110mph to catch him up! If they were waiting at the side of the road then of course they are going to have to drive faster to catch him up!

      Find it odd that they were not able to record his speed as I thought all traffic cops had cars with equipment in them to identify the speed plus dash cams to record and provide evidence of the manner of driving. Not like the old days with a radar gun. It seems he was convicted purely on the manner of his driving, ie tailgating. For all we know he might have been doing 85mph. Still breaking the law but hardly excessive.

      As for the club, I would very much suspect they are dealing with this and no doubt the player liaison officer is involved. I would hardly expect the club to broadcast how they deal with matter internally!

      The other thing is that it was described as a police chase which I would understand is when someone tries to evade the Police. Doesn't sound like this was actually the case.
    • #146
      Drew drew's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2006
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      14,592


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Driving like what? Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc). All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.
      Afraid you don't know that. All you know is that is how fast the Police drove to catch up with him.
    • #147
      Resident pedant Triggaaar's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      Goldstone
      Posts
      36,449


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Afraid you don't know that. All you know is that is how fast the Police drove to catch up with him.
      Fair point, he may have been doing less than 110. So what evidence are people using, apart from the fact that he was speeding? Doing over 100 would count as undue care and attention from the police, so is there anything showing it was more than that?
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
    • #148
      Members Return of the Rev's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2008
      Location
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!
      Posts
      19,878


      0 Not allowed!
      Nob
      Ban single use plastics.

      https://ibanplastic.com/thank-you/
    • #149
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      London
      Posts
      3,807


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Firstly, he's a complete knob and probably realizes that now.

      However, there does appear to be some holes in the info, possible in the actual facts or possible in the dire reporting.

      Nowhere does it state what speed he was actually doing yet many are banging on about him doing over 40mph above the limit. The article only states that it was the Police that drove at 110mph to catch him up! If they were waiting at the side of the road then of course they are going to have to drive faster to catch him up!

      Find it odd that they were not able to record his speed as I thought all traffic cops had cars with equipment in them to identify the speed plus dash cams to record and provide evidence of the manner of driving. Not like the old days with a radar gun. It seems he was convicted purely on the manner of his driving, ie tailgating. For all we know he might have been doing 85mph. Still breaking the law but hardly excessive.

      As for the club, I would very much suspect they are dealing with this and no doubt the player liaison officer is involved. I would hardly expect the club to broadcast how they deal with matter internally!

      The other thing is that it was described as a police chase which I would understand is when someone tries to evade the Police. Doesn't sound like this was actually the case.
      The article actually says, if I am reading correctly (as you say reporting is a bit crap), that the police were unable to reduce the distance between them and his car, despite the police reaching speeds of 110mph, which implies AK was driving at a similar speed:

      "The police reached a speed of 110mph as they were trying to catch the black car," said Mr Day.

      "They were unable to reduce the distance between them."
      They article says he "was clocked cruising on the A27 between the Hove and Shoreham junction 40mph above the speed limit".

      The article implies, but does not say, he could only be caught once traffic had slowed him down.
    • #150
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      London
      Posts
      3,807


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Driving like what? Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc). All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Fair point, he may have been doing less than 110. So what evidence are people using, apart from the fact that he was speeding? Doing over 100 would count as undue care and attention from the police, so is there anything showing it was more than that?
      The article says he was "weaving through the road and using excessive speed and tailgating".

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •