Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 51213141516171825 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If he'd been on some sections of the autobahn it wouldn't even have been speeding.
    Stupid logic.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gazwag View Post
      So what was Knocky driving if the police were in his car
      This post made me laugh!

(But was v disappointed in Knocky really as I can’t stand arrogant, dangerous drivers)

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by StonehamPark View Post
      Stupid logic.
      Can you explain why? Doing 110 doesn't suddenly mean you're endangering life.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      He wasn't though was he. What a ridiculous statement.

1) Wasn't done for speeding

2) Would have probably have been done in Germany for driving like that.
      Driving like what? Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc). All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee

0 Not allowed!
      Firstly, he's a complete knob and probably realizes that now.

However, there does appear to be some holes in the info, possible in the actual facts or possible in the dire reporting.

Nowhere does it state what speed he was actually doing yet many are banging on about him doing over 40mph above the limit. The article only states that it was the Police that drove at 110mph to catch him up! If they were waiting at the side of the road then of course they are going to have to drive faster to catch him up!

Find it odd that they were not able to record his speed as I thought all traffic cops had cars with equipment in them to identify the speed plus dash cams to record and provide evidence of the manner of driving. Not like the old days with a radar gun. It seems he was convicted purely on the manner of his driving, ie tailgating. For all we know he might have been doing 85mph. Still breaking the law but hardly excessive.

As for the club, I would very much suspect they are dealing with this and no doubt the player liaison officer is involved. I would hardly expect the club to broadcast how they deal with matter internally!

The other thing is that it was described as a police chase which I would understand is when someone tries to evade the Police. Doesn't sound like this was actually the case.

0 Not allowed!
      Driving like what? Perhaps there's some evidence of him driving really badly, in which case, ok, fair enough (etc). All I know so far is that he was doing 110 in a 70.
      Afraid you don't know that. All you know is that is how fast the Police drove to catch up with him.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      Afraid you don't know that. All you know is that is how fast the Police drove to catch up with him.
      Fair point, he may have been doing less than 110. So what evidence are people using, apart from the fact that he was speeding? Doing over 100 would count as undue care and attention from the police, so is there anything showing it was more than that?
      Hold tight, my man
      He's got the frisbee
      Flitting between the county league and mates rates at the amex!

0 Not allowed!
      Nob
      Ban single use plastics.

https://ibanplastic.com/thank-you/
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by drew View Post
      Firstly, he's a complete knob and probably realizes that now.

However, there does appear to be some holes in the info, possible in the actual facts or possible in the dire reporting.

Nowhere does it state what speed he was actually doing yet many are banging on about him doing over 40mph above the limit. The article only states that it was the Police that drove at 110mph to catch him up! If they were waiting at the side of the road then of course they are going to have to drive faster to catch him up!

Find it odd that they were not able to record his speed as I thought all traffic cops had cars with equipment in them to identify the speed plus dash cams to record and provide evidence of the manner of driving. Not like the old days with a radar gun. It seems he was convicted purely on the manner of his driving, ie tailgating. For all we know he might have been doing 85mph. Still breaking the law but hardly excessive.

As for the club, I would very much suspect they are dealing with this and no doubt the player liaison officer is involved. I would hardly expect the club to broadcast how they deal with matter internally!

The other thing is that it was described as a police chase which I would understand is when someone tries to evade the Police. Doesn't sound like this was actually the case.
      The article actually says, if I am reading correctly (as you say reporting is a bit crap), that the police were unable to reduce the distance between them and his car, despite the police reaching speeds of 110mph, which implies AK was driving at a similar speed:

"The police reached a speed of 110mph as they were trying to catch the black car," said Mr Day.

"They were unable to reduce the distance between them."
      They article says he "was clocked cruising on the A27 between the Hove and Shoreham junction 40mph above the speed limit".

The article implies, but does not say, he could only be caught once traffic had slowed him down.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Fair point, he may have been doing less than 110. So what evidence are people using, apart from the fact that he was speeding? Doing over 100 would count as undue care and attention from the police, so is there anything showing it was more than that?
      The article says he was "weaving through the road and using excessive speed and tailgating".