Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert moving ....

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Doing 110mph in a 40 zone and he's not banned from driving? Something seriously wrong with the law in this regard.

I would have been with you if that were the case.

'The French winger, reportedly on £45,000 a week, was clocked cruising on the A27 between the Hove and Shoreham junction 40mph above the speed limit on September 13 last year. '

40mph over the speed limit, not in a 40mph zone.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Doing 110mph in a 40 zone and he's not banned from driving? Something seriously wrong with the law in this regard.

It was 110 in a 70 zone.

However, reading the article it says the police had to do 110 to try and catch him but only got to him when traffic slowed him down so it looks like they couldn't actually measure his speed so he was done for Careless Driving.
(The maximum points for speeding is 6)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What a knob.

SAC

May 21, 2014
PC Winter described the encounter with Knockaert as "the worst example of impatient, arrogant and intimidating driving he had ever seen".

If true, he should have had his licence taken from him and been made to take a driving test.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
This is astonishing.

"Prosecutor Steve Day said Knockaert "appeared to be oblivious" to marked police cars and his number plate could only be read once traffic had slowed him down.

The Frenchman was weaving through the road and using excessive speed and tailgating, according to PC John Winter, the officer who caught the fan favourite.

PC Winter described the encounter with Knockaert as "the worst example of impatient, arrogant and intimidating driving he had ever seen".

How the hell has he escaped a full ban and only been fined less than one weeks wages. That is a disgrace.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If Mr Bloom had built a players only road from the stadium to training ground, none of this would have happened.

#sacktheboard.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
This is astonishing.

"Prosecutor Steve Day said Knockaert "appeared to be oblivious" to marked police cars and his number plate could only be read once traffic had slowed him down.

The Frenchman was weaving through the road and using excessive speed and tailgating, according to PC John Winter, the officer who caught the fan favourite.

How the hell has he escaped a full ban and only been fined less than one weeks wages. That is a disgrace.

Running late for training I guess considering where he was. 110mph is absolutely ridiculous though, especially considering that stretch of road has a couple of bends. He should be banned.

Agreed. Reprehensible and inexcusable behavior.

'Intimidating' is the right word too - an Audi A7 is an absolutely HUGE car. That thing tailgating you at high speed, then under-taking you, would not be a comfortable experience.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
This is astonishing.

The bench obviously considered this a category 1 offence by virtue of the sentence. to make it category 1 there has to be both greater harm and greater culpability than a "benchmark" for the offence.
Penalty for a category 1 is 7-9 points or disqualification (unlike drink driving or totting there is no statutory minimum disqualification so he could have been given 28 days).
Giving him 9 points is a better sentence as it will, hopefully, make him realise that he's a speeding ticket away from a minimum 6 month ban; personally I think a "sword of damocles" sentence is more likely to make an offender change their driving habits than a "short sharp shock".

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
The fella is as arrogant and aloof outside of football as he appears to be in it. Had the misfortune of coming across him a few times and Liam Rosenior he ain't... let's just put it that way. And before I get put in my place, I'm sure he has done plenty for charity and had lots of photographs with your children, but just because he wears blue and white we shouldn't be blinkered.

Shorehamkid

Aug 3, 2011
With school holidays coming up soon how many kids will now be walking up Onslow Road with "Can I wash your car for a shirt" signs

Same number as he wears on his shirt if they can't be bothered to look for the drive with the French plates.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wonder what the fine is for being late for training?

If he was potentially going to miss a game (repeat offender) with appearance, potential win and the outside chance of a goal bonus, AK could actually be up on the deal!!

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Agreed. Reprehensible and inexcusable behavior.

'Intimidating' is the right word too - an Audi A7 is an absolutely HUGE car. That thing tailgating you at high speed, then under-taking you, would not be a comfortable experience.

Are you thinking of a Q7? An A7 isn’t that intimidating.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Being an Audi I guarantee his headlights were flashed more than his indicators.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here