Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Knockaert moving ....

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
How will they give him 9 points on a French licence? I only ask because I have had a speeding fine in France which does incur points but as I have an English licence I only had to pay the fine.

He's been a pratt, and should be punished with a heavier fine, lucky he didn't kill anyone.
On the other hand, if the club has been caught speeding,. I'm sure 9 points would be gratefully recieved for next season :shrug:

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
He may be little, but he's a gigantic bell end and deserved to be banned.
And an A7? Clearly making up for other things.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
The bench obviously considered this a category 1 offence by virtue of the sentence. to make it category 1 there has to be both greater harm and greater culpability than a "benchmark" for the offence.
Penalty for a category 1 is 7-9 points or disqualification (unlike drink driving or totting there is no statutory minimum disqualification so he could have been given 28 days).
Giving him 9 points is a better sentence as it will, hopefully, make him realise that he's a speeding ticket away from a minimum 6 month ban; personally I think a "sword of damocles" sentence is more likely to make an offender change their driving habits than a "short sharp shock".

You sound like you know what you’re talking about on this subject!

You say there’s no statutory minimum for a Cat 1 offence, so he could have got a 28 day ban, which, in your (logical, imo) opinion is less effective than a “sword of Damacles”.

What’s the maximum ban they could have imposed though? If 6 months or longer then the threat of the sword is less than the punishment they could have imposed.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I thought that when you live in a foreign country for more than a short period of time, it is a requirement that a driving licence of the host country has to be obtained and the original licence surrendered. It was certainly the case when I spent many years living in France with the necessity to regain my UK licence when I returned.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

You say there’s no statutory minimum for a Cat 1 offence, so he could have got a 28 day ban, which, in your (logical, imo) opinion is less effective than a “sword of Damacles”.

What’s the maximum ban they could have imposed though? If 6 months or longer then the threat of the sword is less than the punishment they could have imposed.
He worked at Hayward's Heath magistrate court

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

If memory serves, [MENTION=13947]happypig[/MENTION] used to be a magistrate.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
The fella is as arrogant and aloof outside of football as he appears to be in it. Had the misfortune of coming across him a few times and Liam Rosenior he ain't... let's just put it that way. And before I get put in my place, I'm sure he has done plenty for charity and had lots of photographs with your children, but just because he wears blue and white we shouldn't be blinkered.

Why don't you tell us why it was a 'misfortune' so we can judge for ourselves?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I would have been with you if that were the case.

'The French winger, reportedly on £45,000 a week, was clocked cruising on the A27 between the Hove and Shoreham junction 40mph above the speed limit on September 13 last year. '

40mph over the speed limit, not in a 40mph zone.

Fair point, but frankly I think my point stands. If you display such a blatent disregard for road safety, why should you be allowed to drive again? Shouldn't be second chances for things like this. Could have quite easily killed someone and then it'd all be different.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Fair point, but frankly I think my point stands. If you display such a blatent disregard for road safety, why should you be allowed to drive again? Shouldn't be second chances for things like this. Could have quite easily killed someone and then it'd all be different.

Of course it would be different. A different charge, and punishment.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why is there a £170 victim surcharge, when there isn't a victim?

All minor charges in a magistrates court, can have a victim surcharge added. The money goes into a central pot for the Criminal Injuries board. Victims who receive compensation for criminal injuries, get it from this central pot.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

I dont think there is a maximum, but any sentence should be proportionate; if, for example, the bench had given hm a 3 year ban then he could have appealed to the Crown Court.

He worked at Hayward's Heath magistrate court

Never been near the place. I was a magistrate in Eastbourne/Hastings for 9 years.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
All minor charges in a magistrates court, can have a victim surcharge added. The money goes into a central pot for the Criminal Injuries board. Victims who receive compensation for criminal injuries, get it from this central pot.

Shame it’s not means tested rather than a few minutes wages in this case. Or make him do some proper community service like litter picking on the A27

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Shame it’s not means tested rather than a few minutes wages in this case. Or make him do some proper community service like litter picking on the A27

It is means tested. I have been retired for four years now, but I doubt inflation has cause the victim surcharge to rise so rapidly.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I dont think there is a maximum, but any sentence should be proportionate; if, for example, the bench had given hm a 3 year ban then he could have appealed to the Crown Court.

Never been near the place. I was a magistrate in Eastbourne/Hastings for 9 years.

Thanks. In your opinion, for 110 in a 70, would a 9 or 12 month ban be disproportionate?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here