Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Goal scored straight from kick off!

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
One of my claims for fame is back in the day when you had to play the ball back, I scored from the second kick of the game...Mid Sussex div 8 V, Hartfield at the Hartfield ground. (Anyone who knows that ground wont be surprised )

I saw the keeper down the pitch/ hill, walk over to talk to the left back just as the whistle went, so thought "ill try that" as I kicked it my team make shouted "loz what the fxxk are you doing" just as the ball hit the back of the net :)...I scored 4 that game :)

Also I think it was done a few times at the Uckfield ground, the one that ran parallel to the high street. ( Probably gone now )

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seem to remember Sam Baldock trying this at Newcastle away back in the Championship

Did he injure himself attempting it? :lolol:

That ground looks very very empty

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Interesting that the goalkeeper couldn't sniff out that it was coming when the kickoff comes with one player standing over the ball.

Doesn't everyone just have the one player nowadays? I missed the meeting when the rule was changed, but having seen that I presume that the kick-off now acts like a direct free kick, as opposed to before when it was an more or less indirect one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here