Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Proud Seagulls

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Nothing wrong with a group for the LGBTQ supporters. After all, the homophobic racists have FLA.

Last edited:

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
For Christ's sake, embrace things like this, why argue against it?

Full support from me.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Well said. Good luck to them. If it encourages more members of the LGBT community to support our great club, all the better.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

More fans? Great. Whether they are straight, Martian, gay or chav, I care not one jot.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Blimey, you really don't know what you're on about, do you?

I assumed you were on a wind-up, but it's clear you have no understanding of what it is you're asking. You evidently think you do, but by asking the wrong question - one based on a complete falsehood; a falsehood you're happy to repeat - you've just shown yourself up to be ignorant. So why broadcast that fact? Feeling left out?

I've also answered the reasoning behind the group's launch, in regards to its own existence, and that of BHASC's - thought it's clearly an answer you neither accept nor understand.

Oh look, TLO doing his 'Oh so fxxking superior thing', quelle bloody surprise! JCFG is making an error, more than once, guess we have all done it at some point? But Mother Sanctimonious Superior repeatedly uses it to belittle a long standing member of the forum, what an axxe.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I think there is in this part of the world especially, a general belief among the straight community that equality is here, everyone can marry who they like, that the bad old days of "gay bashing" are over, and that on the whole this whole gay equality thing is sorted, and that being the case why is there a need for gay pride, gay supporters groups and the like.
Well, things have improved massively from when I was a teen, struggling with my sexuality and all. BUT things aren't OK, there is still a long way to go. Yes I am protected by the law over most discrimination, yes, attitudes have changed, but until a 14 year old boy doesn't feel scared to death about being telling his parents/friends that he is gay, until teens aren't regularly thrown out of their homes because they are gay, until people aren't beaten up on the streets for holding their boyfriends hands, until we can go in a club and kiss our boyfriends in the same way most couples can without fear of being sneered at, and commented on then things aren't sorted. Don't think all of this still happens in Brighton? Think again, it does.
Casual discrimination is the worst, that look you see as someone passes you in the street and the snigger as they walk away, the use of the "thats so gay" putdown, all of this cuts a little everytime even at the ripe old age of 55. Trust me it hurts like hell when you are only 14! So until all of this stops, then YES groups are needed.
They provide support, a sense of belonging, a place where you don't feel you are completely alone. If it makes 1 person feel a little less isolated , a little safer going to a match then its worthwhile. It will not affect anyone else in anyway at all, it wont ruin anyone elses enjoyment of supporting the Seagulls, but it may just help others enjoy it a bit more, so whats the harm?

Superb post.
Maybe some of those squabbling all over this thread could give it a read

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Oh look, TLO doing his 'Oh so fxxking superior thing', quelle bloody surprise! JCFG is making an error, more than once, guess we have all done it at some point? But Mother Sanctimonious Superior repeatedly uses it to belittle a long standing member of the forum, what an axxe.

U OK Hun? x

You've already been called out for your homophobic twaddle, and I've called him out for asking an illegitimate question several times over. So do you really have a point, aside from wishing to broadcast your ongoing ignorance?

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
I'm pretty sure he means sexuality specific, not that I agree with his viewpoint.

The simple fact that there seems no grasp here of the difference between gender and sexuality really shows that there is a lack of basic understanding about the issues faced by members of the non-heterosexual community. If one person doesn't understand the difference then its a fair bet there are a lot more that don't, and therein lies the bigger problem.
If someone doesn't have even the most basic understanding of the problem then they can not possibly have any understanding of the implications and issues raised by it. Therefore they do not see the need to address a problem that they believe doesn't exist. My earlier post re the "its so gay" phrase is an example of complete lack of understanding of the issue here,and by having no understanding of why its an issue they have no understanding of its impactI am sure that the majority of people who use this term do not even consider for one moment how it makes some people feel, that a major part of who they are is somehow bad, second best or downright wrong. That someone is saying that something is so bad its like they are. How would anyone feel if they (lets call the hypothetical person Nick) hear on a daily basis- oh thats so bad its like Nick, oh look at that-thats so Nick, trust me, after a while it makes you feel like s**t

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I wasn't offering an opinion. I was stating a fact over and over again. Then I stopped when I realised he wasn't interested in that and didn't care.

All your posts have been patronising and condescending, not just the bit about gender or whatever it was. Each to their own, let people have different opinions to you without feeling the need to get on your high horse... Your blood pressure would thank you!

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
U OK Hun? x

You've already been called out for your homophobic twaddle, and I've called him out for asking an illegitimate question several times over. So do you really have a point, aside from wishing to broadcast your ongoing ignorance?

Keep trying from on high you patronising, rude little man. Nowt homophobic going on over here. Ongoing ignorance you claim? I raise you ongoing arrogance :thumbsup:

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
I think there is in this part of the world especially, a general belief among the straight community that equality is here, everyone can marry who they like, that the bad old days of "gay bashing" are over, and that on the whole this whole gay equality thing is sorted, and that being the case why is there a need for gay pride, gay supporters groups and the like.
Well, things have improved massively from when I was a teen, struggling with my sexuality and all. BUT things aren't OK, there is still a long way to go. Yes I am protected by the law over most discrimination, yes, attitudes have changed, but until a 14 year old boy doesn't feel scared to death about being telling his parents/friends that he is gay, until teens aren't regularly thrown out of their homes because they are gay, until people aren't beaten up on the streets for holding their boyfriends hands, until we can go in a club and kiss our boyfriends in the same way most couples can without fear of being sneered at, and commented on then things aren't sorted. Don't think all of this still happens in Brighton? Think again, it does.
Casual discrimination is the worst, that look you see as someone passes you in the street and the snigger as they walk away, the use of the "thats so gay" putdown, all of this cuts a little everytime even at the ripe old age of 55. Trust me it hurts like hell when you are only 14! So until all of this stops, then YES groups are needed.
They provide support, a sense of belonging, a place where you don't feel you are completely alone. If it makes 1 person feel a little less isolated , a little safer going to a match then its worthwhile. It will not affect anyone else in anyway at all, it wont ruin anyone elses enjoyment of supporting the Seagulls, but it may just help others enjoy it a bit more, so whats the harm?

Brilliant post.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Too depressing that there is any argument at all here.

This group will exist as long as anyone wants to be in it. Not about 'need' as such.

Live and let live.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Too depressing that there is any argument at all here.

This group will exist as long as anyone wants to be in it. Not about 'need' as such.

Live and let live.

It's because it isn't specifically created for the benefit of the white, heterosexual, middle class male and as such it must be ridiculed and (more tellingly) dismissed as not being needed. It represents change, enlightenment and a refusal to be afraid. All the things that bigots fear.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The simple fact that there seems no grasp here of the difference between gender and sexuality really shows that there is a lack of basic understanding about the issues faced by members of the non-heterosexual community.

No, that's people pushing a new narrative. A narrative people are under no obligation to recognise.

Surely you're not one of those people who thinks there's 112 genders?

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The usual suspects are making absolute fools of themselves on this thread (as per).

Just read this post, end of argument.

Truly embarrassing some of the bigoted, ignorant comments. But not surprising seeing the people who have made them unfortunately.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here