Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Proud Seagulls

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Proud Seagulls - the supporters' group for LGBTQ+ Albion fans - launched yesterday. While it may not be of interest to many people, as an Albion supporters' group (and not a tokenistic one), we'd hope it can be appreciated and supported by fellow Albion fans.

Good luck to them...

ProudSeagullsLogo.jpg

Press Release

For Immediate Use

In more ways than one, we are proud to announce a new Brighton & Hove Albion LGBTQ+ supporters’ group – Proud Seagulls – being launched today.

Founder member of Proud Seagulls, Stuart Matthews, said: “I had the idea of this LGBTQ+ fan group some years ago. With promotion to the Premier League, I felt it was the right time to set up the group. Most Premier League and Championship sides have a recognised LGBTQ+ supporters’ group, and we should be no different.

“In fact over the years we, as a club and fans, have suffered more with homophobic / transphobic chants from opposing fans than any other supporters. This is something as a group we intend to tackle in order to reduce and ultimately eradicate homophobia, transphobia, racism and sexism not just from football, but from society as a whole.

“The group has been gaining momentum over the past six months and we are working with Brighton & Hove Albion to become an official supporters’ club. We are also excited by the club’s partnership with Brighton Pride 2018 and looking forward to supporting the club for the city’s biggest annual event.

Proud Seagulls is a member of Pride in Football – an alliance of the Nation’s LGBT supporters’ groups engaging with their own clubs with the aim of combatting prejudice together.

We will be holding a launch event on Thursday May 31st, 7-9pm at The Latest Bar, Manchester Street Brighton BN2 1TF. We would like to welcome anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+, and who is a fan of Brighton & Hove Albion, to come along sign up and join our supporters’ group.

Ends

Follow Proud Seagulls on
Facebook: BHAFC Proud Seagulls
Twitter: @ProudSeagulls.

For more information on Proud Seagulls,
contact Stuart Matthews – proudseagulls@gmail.com

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Oh god, what next. To even things up someone's going to have to start a heterosexual albion supporters group.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Well i hope they make more noise than the East stand hetrosexuals Shushers Group , plans to incorporate a drum a trumpet and a few tambourines and fluffy clackers will go down a storm with NSC's grumpyfekka association group .

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I hope they're aware the club is wanting to be informed of all supporters' groups now, and the names of members.

In a word, I should cocoa.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
If you are getting verbally abused, discriminated against, beaten up or murdered just for being heterosexual - good idea.

Why don't you start one? Go on, do it...

The point there is it would be seen as discriminatory, so the very people who don’t want to be discriminated against (on this occasion the LGBT community) then create groups that are discriminatory themselves.

I don’t get it...

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
The point there is it would be seen as discriminatory, so the very people who don’t want to be discriminated against (on this occasion the LGBT community) then create groups that are discriminatory themselves.

I don’t get it...

Why post this? It's a good thing not a discriminatory thing. If you don't like it, then surely just ignore? I really can't get my head around people who come up with the "no straight pride" shit. so 1960's

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If you are getting verbally abused, discriminated against, beaten up or murdered just for being heterosexual - good idea.

Why don't you start one? Go on, do it...

I understand the homophobic verbals/banter tee hee...i’ve had enough fights over it. I understand discrimination in some quarters........ don’t even bother with that... you’ll never change them twats they’re too far gone. But murder ? In this country ? Is that really happening ? Because if so I am not listening to the news enough. I’m open to be stood corrected I really am. Maybe I miss things. I often do.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Why post this? It's a good thing not a discriminatory thing. If you don't like it, then surely just ignore? I really can't get my head around people who come up with the "no straight pride" shit. so 1960's

So you decide to ignore my point, why can’t everyone be seen as the same, without differences having to be worn like a badge of honour - so 1960s ha!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here