Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Proud Seagulls

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
It's because it isn't specifically created for the benefit of the white, heterosexual, middle class male and as such it must be ridiculed and (more tellingly) dismissed as not being needed. It represents change, enlightenment and a refusal to be afraid. All the things that bigots fear.

Its good that this is a site for reference in our own common place of interest, some can read others not its an individual choice. So how do we in our world inequality and political correctness and not wanting to offend do we understand the each particular grouping in our multi cultural society, I don't know the correct answer to the following and tome its not always clear from just looking or talking to someone. I don't know the answer to:

1. The difference in gender and sexuality when I meet someone, its too hard to define on face value and thats all you
get sometimes.
2. The correct name of someone who has mixed race parents.
3. The correct name of someone who has black skin.
4, The correct name of someone who is from Asia.
5. The correct name of a Crystal Palace supporter, is it Nigel or Sc.., or a Palace supporter.
6. How to describe the lying, low life, thieving politicians we hve in this country.

I've no doubt we all make some sort of eror on a daily basis, but if we are not informed then we are never going to understand. I hope thenew website informs as well as preaches because that would be a good use of its profile.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
All your posts have been patronising and condescending, not just the bit about gender or whatever it was. Each to their own, let people have different opinions to you without feeling the need to get on your high horse... Your blood pressure would thank you!

You feel patronised by me pointing out that that poster (nothing to do with you) kept getting his question wrong? I can't answer a question honestly if the basic premise is wrong.

I may as well ask you 'what's it like to be a Crystal Palace fan?' knowing that the basic premise of you not being a Palace fan negates the question.

Each to their own indeed - though you evidently don't wish to apply that to my point of view.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Its good that this is a site for reference in our own common place of interest, some can read others not its an individual choice. So how do we in our world inequality and political correctness and not wanting to offend do we understand the each particular grouping in our multi cultural society, I don't know the correct answer to the following and tome its not always clear from just looking or talking to someone. I don't know the answer to:

1. The difference in gender and sexuality when I meet someone, its too hard to define on face value and thats all you
get sometimes.
2. The correct name of someone who has mixed race parents.
3. The correct name of someone who has black skin.
4, The correct name of someone who is from Asia.
5. The correct name of a Crystal Palace supporter, is it Nigel or Sc.., or a Palace supporter.
6. How to describe the lying, low life, thieving politicians we hve in this country.

I've no doubt we all make some sort of eror on a daily basis, but if we are not informed then we are never going to understand. I hope thenew website informs as well as preaches because that would be a good use of its profile.

Most people I know from different walks of life than my own aren't that bothered what terms you use to describe them unless it's deliberately offensive or the person isn't willing to be enlightened when they use a term that's deemed offensive.

I doubt the website will particularly inform or preach. I might be wrong but I thought it was a football supporters group.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No, that's people pushing a new narrative. A narrative people are under no obligation to recognise.

A 'new narrative'? Is that like 'alternative facts'?

Far from there being 'no obligation', it's incumbent on those asking questions that they understand the difference between gender and sexuality. You can't just create a 'new narrative' on the back of the basic premise not being understood - it has no meaning.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Most people I know from different walks of life than my own aren't that bothered what terms you use to describe them unless it's deliberately offensive or the person isn't willing to be enlightened when they use a term that's deemed offensive.

I doubt the website will particularly inform or preach. I might be wrong but I thought it was a football supporters group.
Exactly. Apart from the Palace fan I call of all those "people". Is it really that complicated?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Personally I think TLO is actually doing a reasonable job of NOT being condescending and patronising, given the level of stupidity on show. Take this one:

nickbrighton said:
The simple fact that there seems no grasp here of the difference between gender and sexuality...

No, that's people pushing a new narrative. A narrative people are under no obligation to recognise.

Surely you're not one of those people who thinks there's 112 genders?
What an astonishingly thick response. Clearly you don't know either the meaning of "gender" or the meaning of "sexuality" or both, and until you do, you have no business posting this sort of brainless drivel.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
A 'new narrative'? Is that like 'alternative facts'?

Far from there being 'no obligation', it's incumbent on those asking questions that they understand the difference between gender and sexuality. You can't just create a 'new narrative' on the back of the basic premise not being understood - it has no meaning.

There is no difference between gender and sexuality. The terms male and female were created to give a name to those biologically born with either one of the two genital types.

The new narrative is all about splitting the two from each other so all of a sudden male and female aren't the only words applicable in a two sex grouping.

There are no new genders. Suggesting otherwise is creating a new narrative.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
You feel patronised by me pointing out that that poster (nothing to do with you) kept getting his question wrong? I can't answer a question honestly if the basic premise is wrong.

I may as well ask you 'what's it like to be a Crystal Palace fan?' knowing that the basic premise of you not being a Palace fan negates the question.

Each to their own indeed - though you evidently don't wish to apply that to my point of view.

I am one person you cannot patronise! You may try, but you will as always ultimately fail.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
There is no difference between gender and sexuality. The terms male and female were created to give a name to those biologically born with either one of the two genital types.

The new narrative is all about splitting the two from each other so all of a sudden male and female aren't the only words applicable in a two sex grouping.

You weren't arguing that though. You were insisting there was no difference between gender and sexuality. Gender is simply the state of being male or female, whereas sexuality is all about sexual preference.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
I have no issues either way.

But TLO, you are not half patronising to people who do not share the same opinion as you. You would make a great politician.

Oh look, TLO doing his 'Oh so fxxking superior thing', quelle bloody surprise! JCFG is making an error, more than once, guess we have all done it at some point? But Mother Sanctimonious Superior repeatedly uses it to belittle a long standing member of the forum, what an axxe.

TLO, superior and patrionising?

It's got to be better than him mentioning that he does some sort of radio show.....

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
What an astonishingly thick response. Clearly you don't know either the meaning of "gender" or the meaning of "sexuality" or both, and until you do, you have no business posting this sort of brainless drivel.

Clearly I don't believe what someone "feels" they are is relevant to changing the dynamic of male the gender and male the biological sex.

The fact I said "male" the construct was created to describe male the biological sex didn't even register in your thick brain.

Didn't even notice I'd noted it as a social construct. Yeah you're the bright one.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016

Are you really putting forward the argument that gender and sexuality are the same? I am a gay man. My Gender is Male my sexuality is gay. I simply do not understand how you can not see the difference between Gender and Sexuality- are you saying all Males are Gay? because if there is no difference between gender and sexuality, as I am male and gay-everyone else is.That of course is ludicrous, some people are gay,some straight, some bi, therefore there is a difference between sexuality and gender. Please explain your thought process that says there isn't?

Also to avoid confusion-there is a huge difference between sexuality and transgender- which are two very different things-but that will just open a huge can of worms

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I am one person you cannot patronise! You may try, but you will as always ultimately fail.

I have no intention of trying to patronise you - it's only your contention that I have tried. However, in saying I was patronising someone else, you've taken on board their own sense of offence. Did he say you could do that?

I merely pointed out - several times, sadly - the error in his question, something you have yet to acknowledge. In so doing, you're attempting to make the thread about me. This thread is about Proud Seagulls and now, sadly, the inherent homophobia hitherto latent within some posters which is now coming out - as it were.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Clearly I don't believe what someone "feels" they are is relevant to changing the dynamic of male the gender and male the biological sex.

The fact I said "male" the construct was created to describe male the biological sex didn't even register in your thick brain.

Didn't even notice I'd noted it as a social construct. Yeah you're the bright one.

Yes, but "sex" and "sexuality" are not the same. I'm assuming your sex (ie, your gender) is "male". I'm also assuming your sexuality is "straight". Your sexuality isn't "male".

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
I have no intention of trying to patronise you - it's only your contention that I have tried. However, in saying I was patronising someone else, you've taken on board their own sense of offence. Did he say you could do that?

I merely pointed out - several times, sadly - the error in his question, something you have yet to acknowledge. In so doing, you're attempting to make the thread about me. This thread is about Proud Seagulls and now, sadly, the inherent homophobia hitherto latent within some posters which is now coming out - as it were.

Yes, he opted in to my GDPR email!

Inherent homophobia? from me? yeah ok then!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
You weren't arguing that though. You were insisting there was no difference between gender and sexuality. Gender is simply the state of being male or female, whereas sexuality is all about sexual preference.

Sexuality has nothing to do with it. A gay man is still a man. His only difference from you or me is a sexual preference.

That's completely separate from a discussion on gender and biological sex.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Honestly, are people really struggling with the difference between gender and sexuality? That is truly shocking.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here