Living In a Box
What a load of Bollocks .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's inclusive of men, women and transgender so cannot just be bollocks

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I thought that the official supporters club was very inclusive, why the need to start a splinter group?

Because certain people seem to need it. Fight homophobia, fight racism but I dunno..... some people want more.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's inclusive of men, women and transgender so cannot just be bollocks

It’s also boring .

Some people are gay .

Yawn . Not exactly breaking news .

Why do they need their own supporters group? Why do they want to be separated from the rest of Albion fans based on their sexuality?

What’s that even got to do with Football?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
We need Antifa Seagulls next , to fight the hordes of NAZIS (groups of white men enjoying their white privilege with beer ) at every home game!

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Clearly this makes no odds to the vast majority of Albion supporters of any orientation.
That said I notice they have only chosen to announce themselves after we have secured another season in the top flight - therefore "Proud Seagulls" shall evermore be known as "Gloryhunting Gays"

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It’s not inclusive at all , LGBTQ+ , that’s soooooo out of date

It’s now LBGTQQICAPF2K+ , so this Proud Seagulls must be a far right group as it discriminates against the other “inclusive” acronyms .

This list of random letters will be out of date by tomorrow as more are added , and my post will be deleted as hate speech .

Soz in advance

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Press Release says they are working with the club.

I know. I can read.

Why should the club want to know the name of every member, see minutes of every meeting etc? Too much like Big Brother for this member of a Supporters' club.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Proud Seagulls - the supporters' group for LGBTQ+ Albion fans - launched yesterday. While it may not be of interest to many people, as an Albion supporters' group (and not a tokenistic one), we'd hope it can be appreciated and supported by fellow Albion fans.

Good luck to them...

View attachment 97116

Press Release

For Immediate Use

In more ways than one, we are proud to announce a new Brighton & Hove Albion LGBTQ+ supporters’ group – Proud Seagulls – being launched today.

Founder member of Proud Seagulls, Stuart Matthews, said: “I had the idea of this LGBTQ+ fan group some years ago. With promotion to the Premier League, I felt it was the right time to set up the group. Most Premier League and Championship sides have a recognised LGBTQ+ supporters’ group, and we should be no different.

“In fact over the years we, as a club and fans, have suffered more with homophobic / transphobic chants from opposing fans than any other supporters. This is something as a group we intend to tackle in order to reduce and ultimately eradicate homophobia, transphobia, racism and sexism not just from football, but from society as a whole.

“The group has been gaining momentum over the past six months and we are working with Brighton & Hove Albion to become an official supporters’ club. We are also excited by the club’s partnership with Brighton Pride 2018 and looking forward to supporting the club for the city’s biggest annual event.

Proud Seagulls is a member of Pride in Football – an alliance of the Nation’s LGBT supporters’ groups engaging with their own clubs with the aim of combatting prejudice together.

We will be holding a launch event on Thursday May 31st, 7-9pm at The Latest Bar, Manchester Street Brighton BN2 1TF. We would like to welcome anyone who identifies as LGBTQ+, and who is a fan of Brighton & Hove Albion, to come along sign up and join our supporters’ group.

Ends

Follow Proud Seagulls on
Facebook: BHAFC Proud Seagulls
Twitter: @ProudSeagulls.

For more information on Proud Seagulls,
contact Stuart Matthews – proudseagulls@gmail.com

Yawn, yawn and a big yawn for luck, talk about jumping on the love bus! So 20 naughtys!

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Presumably all the idiots posting on this thread think Chris Hughton is misguided in his support for the BAME league managers group...?

What next? A white league managers group? A Spanish speaking league managers group?

Why can't they all just be league managers and get on with it?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
A couple of years ago a gay friend of mine committed suicide.
A year or so before he had been beaten into a coma in Brighton by some ******** who had previous for homophobic attacks. His partner got off lightly with a mere thorough hiding.
Peter partially recovered from the assault but was permanently damaged and had ongoing neurological disorders.
When he was physically somewhat recovered he ran marathons to raise money for some charity or other ... something to do with brains.
The perpetrator of the brutal assault was tracked down in Spain and extradited to stand trial.
I bumped into Peter in a pub in Hove, he was somewhat animated and declared, 'they've got the *******'.
A few days later, just before the trial was about to commence, Peter hanged himself.
Unfortunately this kind of shit happens. While it still does then the higher profile of any campaign, organisation, mobilisation in relation to anything is important.

I'm a bit drunk,
.....but I hope you know what I mean.

Diversity and Inclusivisty.

For the sake of all things.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I had thought Brighton was the one club that didn't need one of these groups, then I read the replies
and see I was wrong.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
The point there is it would be seen as discriminatory, so the very people who don’t want to be discriminated against (on this occasion the LGBT community) then create groups that are discriminatory themselves.

I don’t get it...

I think the issue is, you don't want to get it.

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
I had thought Brighton was the one club that didn't need one of these groups, then I read the replies
and see I was wrong.

Precisely. I had only read the first page before I made a comment. Then read back one. That was enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here