Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Proud Seagulls

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Wow is thread still going on?

That a few posters seem to want to register their objections/misunderstanding of the group is incredibly disappointing to say the least. I'd have thought that Edna's post would shut everybody up but sadly not.

Hetero snowflakes who'd have thunk it.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sexuality has nothing to do with it. A gay man is still a man. His only difference from you or me is a sexual preference.

That's completely separate from a discussion on gender and biological sex.
Obviously I don't disagree with any of that, because it's little more than a truism.

I am taking issue with your response to "The simple fact that there seems no grasp here of the difference between gender and sexuality..." which was to declare that a "new narrative".

It isn't a new narrative in the context of this discussion: JCFG was using the word "gender" when he meant "sexuality". It seems you misinterpreted the context, not me.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Yes, but "sex" and "sexuality" are not the same. I'm assuming your sex (ie, your gender) is "male". I'm also assuming your sexuality is "straight". Your sexuality isn't "male".

Sexuality is irrelevant.

I was simply saying there are two genders. The term male was created to describe those with a penis, female for those with a vagina.

Now we have people wanting to change that

Take for example a "new gender" called Alexigender: a gender that is fluid between more than one gender but the individual cannot tell what those genders are.

That is not a gender imo, that's a feeling, a thought, trying to place Alexigender as a term along side male as a recognised gender is heading down the path of normalising a potential mental illness issue.

If people want to believe or live their lives by these thoughts go for it. That's their choice and right. But when as you see in Canada they are using the law to force people to recognise this mindset then it becomes very problematic.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Didn't need to be 'put straight'. It's you who believed I was zeroing in on you. I wasn't.

You've hardly commented on the supporters' group, nor on the wider social and biological concept of sexuality. You've mostly commented about me - which is slightly baffling.

My comment was, It doesn't bother me either way... Just found you to be rude. But I will let that go as you appear to be passionate about it. Have a good day.

Falmer Flutter ©

Feb 18, 2004
Petts Wood
Sexuality is irrelevant.

I was simply saying there are two genders. The term male was created to describe those with a penis, female for those with a vagina.

Take for example a "new gender" called Alexigender: a gender that is fluid between more than one gender but the individual cannot tell what those genders are.

That is not a gender imo, that's a feeling, a thought, trying to place Alexigender as a term along side male as a recognised gender is heading down the path of normalising a potential mental illness issue.

If people want to believe or live their lives by these thoughts go for it. That's their choice and right. But when as you see in Canada they are using the law to force people to recognise this mindset then it becomes very problematic.

No, I get all that. The point is is that you have written numerous times that there is no difference between gender and sexuality. That's like saying there's no difference between an apple and a pen. Now you're saying that sexuality doesn't come into it. That's left me, and several others, a little confused.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Sexuality is irrelevant.

And there in a nutshell is where you're wrong as far as I can see. I don't think anybody on this thread was saying that at all, unless you can point out where that was being said? JCFG was simply using gender when he meant sexuality, then getting arsey when a question couldn't be answered.

This isn't a discussion about how we define gender, it's whether a LGBTQ -centric supporters group is a good thing.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Obviously I don't disagree with any of that, because it's little more than a truism.

I am taking issue with your response to "The simple fact that there seems no grasp here of the difference between gender and sexuality..." which was to declare that a "new narrative".

It isn't a new narrative in the context of this discussion: JCFG was using the word "gender" when he meant "sexuality". It seems you misinterpreted the context, not me.

Well gender shouldn't be used when discussing sexuality. So I responded to the correct definition.

It is a new narrative, identity politics is going bat shit crazy and that something that's only reared its ugly head in the last 10-20 years.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
And there in a nutshell is where you're wrong as far as I can see. I don't think anybody on this thread was saying that at all, unless you can point out where that was being said? JCFG was simply using gender when he meant sexuality, then getting arsey when a question couldn't be answered.

This isn't a discussion about how we define gender, it's whether a LGBTQ -centric supporters group is a good thing.

Fair enough, perhaps I misread it.

Doesn't mean it won't be pushed as a narrative if other parts of the world are any indication. Time will tell.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
And in a free world I can do that.

Long live free speech.

Don't be daft, you're going to be shouted down until you are forced to agree that this separate supporters group based on someone's sexuality is needed.

Unfortunately the usual thickos of the forum still cant work out the difference between what is questioning why something is needed and what is genuine bigotry and homophobia. :rolleyes:

I think I'll :flounce: to the football only threads where at least a modicum of sanity prevails. :lolol:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here