Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
With many many complaints about workmen not turning up on time, or components missing. David Stockdale, on Twiiter, asking Wren kitchen where his work tops were, and not being able to contact anyone to speak to.

Wren Kitchens: don’t use their fitters, appliances or worktops. The basic kitchens are fine and good value. They subcontract fitting and worktops so find your own fitter at a fraction of the price and source your worktops locally, templates once the kitchen is in. As with any large volume supplier there will be issues, as long as you except and preempt those, it’s still a decent product.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
With many many complaints about workmen not turning up on time, or components missing. David Stockdale, on Twiiter, asking Wren kitchen where his work tops were, and not being able to contact anyone to speak to.

How times change. We bought ours about 8 years ago, just after they had started, had to travel to Stevenage for the nearest showroom. They we’re outstandingly good, bang on time with deliveries, exceptional quality, and the kitchen fitter we employed to install it said they were pretty much the best units he’d ever worked with.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Their only survey of Coombes Lane was a Thursday, the junction has its busiest period for other road users at weekends. There are multiple points for a bike to get around but these are narrow and not very deep. On a busy roundabout this is going to effectively prevent non motor vehicles using Coombes Lane. Would be great to understand what consideration they have given as I’d be more than happy to play devils advocate with my cycling club that are leading the protest that will get TV coverage this weekend.

It's one of my favourite cycling routes but they're building a new cycle route along the river to connect coombes lane to the airport aren't they?!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The nimby anti-brigade were out in force at the farmers market this morning in Shoreham along with Loughton who has apparently written a 2,000 word vagina monologue about why this should not happen.

D-Day coming up for the yes although there is bound to be a legal challenge

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The nimby anti-brigade were out in force at the farmers market this morning in Shoreham along with Loughton who has apparently written a 2,000 word vagina monologue about why this should not happen.

D-Day coming up for the yes although there is bound to be a legal challenge

Out in force? comments on Facebook -
1.There were very few people saying no. It gave me great satisfaction to say I supported IKEA when they tried to find some more protestors.
2.They were supposed to be having a singalong protest. Like the flop march, attended by either scores or dozens according to the papers, yet seeing the fuss you'd think thousands were opposed. I have maintained all along the vast majority are in favour or couldn't give a toss.

Shoreham Ikea.jpg

As for Tim Loughton, yes, he's written 2,000 words about the planning application, but not one of his objections breaks planning law.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
If the A27 was improved I’d be happy for an Ikea. I just don’t want to spend an extra 40 mins stuck in traffic, just to allow a few locals to buy a bloody Billy Bookcase.

Without the bypass, please reject the Ikea and get rid of the junction at the sussex pad

D

Deleted member 22389

It's like all these things. People don't mind housing and other things, just as long as the infrastructure can cope. Take Peacehaven for example, LDC gave permission for another 350 homes, that was after thousands of complaints about the state of the A259, the state of the doctors, schools they still went ahead and gave planning permission.

The same is going on in Newhaven now, houses to be built on the old site of Parker Pen, other houses being built by August fields, once all this lot are completed the roads are going to be finished. It's bad enough now.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
If the A27 was improved I’d be happy for an Ikea. I just don’t want to spend an extra 40 mins stuck in traffic, just to allow a few locals to buy a bloody Billy Bookcase.

Without the bypass, please reject the Ikea and get rid of the junction at the sussex pad

40 mins :eek: Just to give me some in depth, how do you work out the 40 minute bit ? Just asking then i might understand how this works, thanks. .

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
40 mins :eek: Just to give me some in depth, how do you work out the 40 minute bit ? Just asking then i might understand how this works, thanks. .
He spends 10 minutes poking around his arse for some numbers and then pulls them out. HTH.

theboybilly

Are the lights going to be replaced by an underpass? If so this is better.

Rather than cross the A27 there (and to avoid the need of an underpass or bridge that probably won't get used) why not just upgrade the surface
of the cycle path that is the Downslink from the footbridge? Much safer surely than riding up to Bramber/Steyning via the Coombes road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here