Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

theboybilly

I aint sharing my car with some smelly herbert.... Now if it was a fit bird, that may change things :D

But can you imagine half the queue from the top of Mill Hill to the airport lights? Wouldn't that be great (and easily done) To be honest if that was my commute every day I would have a 125cc scooter in my garage and get home in a third of the time.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Had the same sort of BS a few years ago when it was mooted to have a Sainsbury's Local at the bottom of Preston Drove. Loads of NO posters in nearby windows, loads of crap about increased traffic congestion blahblahblah. Now the natives would be lost without it. Only place to stock up with fresh fruit and veg and decent ready meals for a mile around. OK, not quite the same thing with IKEA - least not until the natives need some new cheapo designer furniture and are faced with a trip to rat-infested Purley Way to inspect and collect it.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The best plan I've seen is by utilising the A283, then via or nearby Storrington, Houghton and rejoining at Fontwell.

Ruin two perfectly adequate roads instead of one - where do I sing?

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Keep your singing to yourself thanks. That said what route would you suggest?

Why does there have to be a new route?

What medium to long term benefit would there be from 2 roads nose to tail in traffic?
In fairness once the construction ball-ache is finally done, I doubt there would be any short term benefit either.

Viable, sustainable, congestion busting, alternatives need to be sort for moving a large amount of people short distances effectively.

Thereby freeing up the roads for those travelling a worthy distance by car.
Not to mention some thought to junctions traffic lights and pedestrian crossings, none of which appear to be conducive to the flow of traffic.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
From the Argus website

Five councillors vote to approve the planning application and grant planning permission.

Three vote against.

Planning permission has been granted: The scheme is going ahead.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Beat me to it, good news. I take it they cant appeal

They can try but the Secretary of State isn't going to call in application for social housing which is in the National Park. There are no legal grounds for appeal.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Brilliant news, now a chance to look into a part-time job.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
:cry:
I mean, I’m glad it’s going ahead but fml the traffic is already horrific.

Yep...and its not going to be fun whilst all the junctions are changed let alone after..now I hope that local people get the jobs...local people get all the proposed ''social housing''...local services are given the support thats needed etc etc..its going to happen (always was)..now its how it all works out

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yep...and its not going to be fun whilst all the junctions are changed let alone after..now I hope that local people get the jobs...local people get all the proposed ''social housing''...local services are given the support thats needed etc etc..its going to happen (always was)..now its how it all works out
Lancing = Little London.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here