Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The sooner I can go to an IKEA in Shoreham than have to drive all the way up to Croydon, the better.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
The football club that you support has spent thousands on employing experts in transport planning to ensure that the development will not have a significant adverse impact on traffic. Objecting can only waste the club's and local council tax payers' money. Unless you are a transport expert and can prove that the development contravenes planning policy.

As Spense has excitedly pointed out, I'm not a Brighton fan - The club have spent money to create an argument and a a scenario that will help the planning application, I'm not convinced by it, neither are many others. To be honest I think quality of life does, and should, supersede which club you support and I think this has the potential to have a detrimental effect on the area.

I hate Ikea's cheap crap as well but that's another story.

One of them is a Derby fan living in Wales. No idea what it has to do with him.

Well, that is correct. It's also correct that until recently I lived in SBS, having spent more than half of my life in Brighton, Hove and Shoreham. I still have my closest friends in the area, own houses down there and visit very regularly. Brighton and the it's surrounds are a large part of me so like it or not, I have an opinion.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
As someone who has to drive to work that way every day, traffic’s already a nightmare, and there’s no way this is going to make it anything but worse, it’s a no from me.

Well that's your fault for driving. You could easily go by public transport or cycle. Failing that get a job nearer home.

(Before you jump down my throat I'm well aware that hat statement is simplistic, head-in-sand, "Sussex doesn't need more road improvement" bollocks. Just thought I'd get it in before some anti-working class Ruralist moron with a yearning for Victorian England says it 'for real')

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Well that's your fault for driving. You could easily go by public transport or cycle. Failing that get a job nearer home.

(Before you jump down my throat I'm well aware that hat statement is simplistic, head-in-sand, "Sussex doesn't need more road improvement" bollocks. Just thought I'd get it in before some anti-working class Ruralist moron with a yearning for Victorian England says it 'for real')

Quite. It’s utterly unbelievable that some people still don’t realise that the way we stop this nonsense of traffic jams is to build more roads, and improve the ones we have. Taking the Lancing Manor lights out WILL improve the road, but yes, it won’t solve the problems of the North Lancing roundabout, Lyons Farm etc etc, because, oh wait - oh yeah, they’re completely different problems.

Please, separate the two - there will be development on this land, and if it is not Ikea, it will be housing and A N Other supermarket, so surely better to support something that is going to make our club a few quid, than line another developers pocket.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
People don't go to Ikea during the rush hour. I tend to go around 7pm or at the weekends.

And how many new houses will they be building? Will they be car free homes? I doubt it, just more grist to the mill. Listen to the morning traffic news for Sussex, EVERY SINGLE DAY that stretch of road is reported as being backed up for miles, it is only going to get worse.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Traffic is a nightmare because some pillock put a set of traffic lights there. They will be gone.

But they have said to hat those lights will not be removed, now, or in the future, probably down to sway the lardy- dahs at Lancing Collage have, or someone at the airport pulling the strings, or both, otherwise those lights would have been long gone.

*to clarify, I’m referring to the Lancing college/ airport lights which cause most of the morning congestion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
and this is why there is a housing problem.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
and this is why there is a housing problem.

If there is a housing problem why haven’t they built a few hundred residences at Tevill Gate? It’s been available for development for over 20 years, is on a brownfield site, and has excellent rail and road connections.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The football club that you support has spent thousands on employing experts in transport planning to ensure that the development will not have a significant adverse impact on traffic. Objecting can only waste the club's and local council tax payers' money. Unless you are a transport expert and can prove that the development contravenes planning policy.

To be honest the club will employ anyone who they think will put a positive spin on something to get their own way, as would anyone. We have see it with the stadium and now with the training ground. Once you get your feet under the table you can gradually change and influence people/councils to get your own way.
I don’t use the A27 there very often, or as little as possible. It’s a nightmare bit of road requiring new investment on by-passes all the way along its length. I have every sympathy for those exposed to it every day. The Albion don’t need the development, although Tony Bloom does. I hope he doesn’t piss too much in his own back yard. He is better than that.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If there is a housing problem why haven’t they built a few hundred residences at Tevill Gate? It’s been available for development for over 20 years, is on a brownfield site, and has excellent rail and road connections.

not familar with it, maybe complaints it will increase traffic, block someones access to dog walking, dont like the developemnt, all manner of objections and delays.
quick google suggests they are developing it, started tearing down current building.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be honest the club will employ anyone who they think will put a positive spin on something to get their own way, as would anyone. We have see it with the stadium and now with the training ground. Once you get your feet under the table you can gradually change and influence people/councils to get your own way.
I don’t use the A27 there very often, or as little as possible. It’s a nightmare bit of road requiring new investment on by-passes all the way along its length. I have every sympathy for those exposed to it every day. The Albion don’t need the development, although Tony Bloom does. I hope he doesn’t piss too much in his own back yard. He is better than that.

The new homes will be greatly appreciated by those desparate for a house.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It was on the news a few days ago showing pictures of a protest march by about 100 or so people including a local councillor protesting about the IKEA store but not sure what the final outcome was.

The trouble with a new Ikea store is that "you [must] accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do you live in area? Do you spent upwards of an hour a day stuck in traffic on the A27?

The club will do just fine without this development.

The new homes will be greatly appreciated by those desparate for a house.

I did used to commute from Brighton to Worthing though to be honest I was making more of a general planning point.

Traffic flows for Ikea will mostly be generated off peak.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Definitely not excellent road connections there at rush hour. Although accommodation without any parking should be considered, especially due to location

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
But they have said to hat those lights will not be removed, now, or in the future, probably down to sway the lardy- dahs at Lancing Collage have, or someone at the airport pulling the strings, or both, otherwise those lights would have been long gone.

*to clarify, I’m referring to the Lancing college/ airport lights which cause most of the morning congestion.
Interesting.

I thought part of the planning application was that they would be removed.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
And how many new houses will they be building? Will they be car free homes? I doubt it, just more grist to the mill. Listen to the morning traffic news for Sussex, EVERY SINGLE DAY that stretch of road is reported as being backed up for miles, it is only going to get worse.

I don't think TB is that bothered..although i wonder if she would be at all unless it was the club behind it

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here