Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Sussex] monks farm planning

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
600 houses = 1000 cars Ikea prob = 1000 cars a day....Fun times for locals !!!

Yes I agree, fun times indeed, the locals will be living in those 600 new homes, so I doubt they will complain, especially as all the items for their new abodes will be right on their doorsteps.... no horrible journey up to Croydon or along the coast to Scumpton.

The folk of North & South Lancing will no doubt, tut and moan, but after a few years when the local infrastructure improves, and young relatives can afford to stay close to family, I’m sure they will look back at their objections and simply say not I

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
1,000 cars a day in Ikea over 12 hours is an average of 83 cars an hour, or one car every 43 seconds. Carnage.

HOW MANY CARS AT THE MOMENT? 3000 in rush hour? 300+ extra for the houses. Easy access to the main road will be a selling point if there is anywhere to park?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Shame. No infrastructure to support such a huge development. Two previously preserved lovely areas , Lancing and Shoreham simply getting swamped by greedy developers. I know people in Brighton don’t care as they like high buildings and see vast shops as progress but the area simply cannot support this development.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Shame. No infrastructure to support such a huge development. Two previously preserved lovely areas , Lancing and Shoreham simply getting swamped by greedy developers. I know people in Brighton don’t care as they like high buildings and see vast shops as progress but the area simply cannot support this development.

if not Lancing or Shoreham, if no high rises, where do you suggest we house people?

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Yep...and its not going to be fun whilst all the junctions are changed let alone after..now I hope that local people get the jobs...local people get all the proposed ''social housing''...local services are given the support thats needed etc etc..its going to happen (always was)..now its how it all works out

Maybe the club can compensate people who are going to be stuck on the A27 for longer now during rush hour whilst it is being built and thereafter?

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
We just need the Hotel to be resubmitted now then

TB said at the away fans’ forum last year that the club would not be re-applying for hotel planning permission as there were “now other plans for that area”. Somebody on here observed that that phrase didn’t preclude the club applying for permission for a hotel elsewhere on the site, which is true enough.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
if not Lancing or Shoreham, if no high rises, where do you suggest we house people?

Well, high rises in Shoreham, No. Full stop. But I have no problem with housing projects etc as long as they also create the infrastructure to accommodate the people.
In the next 5 years we have potentially an extra 3 - 4000 people moving in. We have one small NHS clinic and a closing Southlands hospital. Doesn’t take a genius to work out that won’t work.
And why should the people that have now had all the light and the view obliterated form their houses by a 6 storey block of flats suffer? Totally unsuitable area for such tall buildings.
There are ways of building housing in these areas that don’t involve ruining the existing area. The rope tackle developments for example, very well designed into the local area. It’s greedy developers who want to cram as many luxury flats into an area as possible.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Great, one of the worst bits of road in the South of England (A27 Shoreham to Worthing) is going to get even worse.

I'm lucky that I only have to go down there a few times a year for work, I pity the poor buggers that have to use it daily.

worthingseagull123

May 5, 2012
Great, one of the worst bits of road in the South of England (A27 Shoreham to Worthing) is going to get even worse.

I'm lucky that I only have to go down there a few times a year for work, I pity the poor buggers that have to use it daily.

Yeah but making the wealthy that much wealthier is far more important.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Perhaps they might be inspired to seek alternative arrangements instead of habitually sitting in their unmoving box staring vacantly at the unmoving box in front.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I don't know if it's the right decision for Shoreham or lancing, but I'm sure it's the right decision for the club.

They obviously believe that the roundabout will allow traffic to flow better on the A27 and that if they don't build there then someone else would. So why do loads of people think they are wrong? Or is it just the IKEA that is causing the problem?

D

Deleted member 22389

It's happening everywhere. Peacehaven another 450 homes given planning permission. This next lot of housing will finish peacehaven off. A259 is a joke, not enough doctors surgeries and so on. What can you do about?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know if it's the right decision for Shoreham or lancing, but I'm sure it's the right decision for the club.

They obviously believe that the roundabout will allow traffic to flow better on the A27 and that if they don't build there then someone else would. So why do loads of people think they are wrong? Or is it just the IKEA that is causing the problem?
Don't discount rabid NIMBYism.

It's happening everywhere. Peacehaven another 450 homes given planning permission. This next lot of housing will finish peacehaven off. A259 is a joke, not enough doctors surgeries and so on.
It sounds like you guys are catching up with the further reaches of Best Sussex.

Anyone who hasn't traveled from Bognor to Angmering in the last 5 years would be in for quite a surprise.

4 massive housing developments, no infrastructure.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
NIMBYISM. Hmm. Why would somebody not object to a 6/7 storey building being erected 7 metres in front of their house? Where once was sunlight and a river view is now 24 hour shadow and a view of the entrance to an underground car park. That’s not acceptable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here