Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Beat Wolves To Paris Saint-Germain Talent

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
If you are good enough you are old enough etc. You need mental strength to play Premier League football, it isn't only about playing ability. There are exceptions, but generally you don't have that at 17 or 18.

But that all comes in with the ‘you’re good enough’ package. If you can’t cope with any element of the game then you are not good enough.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Players like this are gambles and nothing more. It's extremely rare to see a kid exceed at a young age.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
How many 17, 18 year olds do you see playing games in the Premier League. Very very few.

Few play regularly but in the 2016/17 season teenagers got game time at 14 clubs. Everton had 3 playing fairly regularly. In total teenagers amassed 6,132 minutes in the first 37 rounds of matches that campaign - more than 5,000 fewer than the 11,582 they played in the previous season.

Not sure about the 2017/18 season but minutes played by U21s rose.

Anyway, we probably won't sigh this kid in the end. And if we do he probably won't play but it's not out of the question that he'd get some minutes.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Few play regularly but in the 2016/17 season teenagers got game time at 14 clubs. Everton had 3 playing fairly regularly. In total teenagers amassed 6,132 minutes in the first 37 rounds of matches that campaign - more than 5,000 fewer than the 11,582 they played in the previous season.

Not sure about the 2017/18 season but minutes played by U21s rose.
28 teenagers played during the 2017/18 season, according to Transfermarkt: https://www.transfermarkt.com/premier-league/juengsteaelteste/wettbewerb/GB1

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
Made me smile when it says in that article, 'it remains to be seen whether Sissako will get to taste Premier League football with Brighton next season', at just 17 years old, l could almost put my mortgage on it by saying that he won't get anywhere near the first team for two or three seasons.

You think weve got that kind of money to spunk on a 3 year wait given the likely fight to stay in the prem?

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
I can't see us beating Wolves either.

Why? We have proven Prem credentials with a wealthy backer. They have the latter but not the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here