Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Beat Wolves To Paris Saint-Germain Talent

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
Why? We have proven Prem credentials with a wealthy backer. They have the latter but not the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised Wolves are interested - the player is NOT Portuguese:)

The latest is that they have 4 more Portugeezers on the verge of signing...Rui Patricio, Andre Silva, Joao Cancelo and Goncarlo Guedes.

Do PL clubs still have to have at least 8 "homegrown" players in the squad of 25?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I am surprised Wolves are interested - the player is NOT Portuguese:)

The latest is that they have 4 more Portugeezers on the verge of signing...Rui Patricio, Andre Silva, Joao Cancelo and Goncarlo Guedes.

Do PL clubs still have to have at least 8 "homegrown" players in the squad of 25?

They have to have 8 HGPs if they announce a 25 man squad but, they could, for instance, have a 21 man squad with just 4 HGPs.

lancyclaret

Jan 10, 2014
They have to have 8 HGPs if they announce a 25 man squad but, they could, for instance, have a 21 man squad with just 4 HGPs.

Thanks:) So Wolves can only have a maximum 17 Portuguese "non-homegrown" players?

It would be interesting if their manager were to be "poached" by a better offer. Perhaps they'd go for Carlos Carvahal.:)

Today on Molineux Mix: "In many respects signing someone like Goncarlo Guedes for £40 million is less risk than say Brighton paying £15 million for Jurgen Locadia..There is a premium to pay on high quality."

Last edited:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Still not 100% though according to that article, or am I misreading it?

Will this saga go on longer than the Callieri one? The longer it goes on, the more I get the feeling it won't happen. Perhaps PSG have told the young man how often Brighton promote teenagers to the first ream squad?

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Will this saga go on longer than the Callieri one? The longer it goes on, the more I get the feeling it won't happen. Perhaps PSG have told the young man how often Brighton promote teenagers to the first ream squad?

Give us a chance! we've only been building a premier league-quality academy side for one season! The best youngsters didn't join us when we were in the championship and the best from our lower league academy sides weren't premier league quality. Christian Walton would have been our first choice keeper next season if we were in the championship, but we're not so he isn't.

It will happen, be patient!

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Hope we're going for the right one then! There was more than one Bergkamp if I remember rightly.....................................

Also two Kerry Mayo's, not sure we had the right one.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The first ream squad? Shane Duffy wants in to that I reckon

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
RMC reported last night that PSG representatives have succeeded in convincing 17-year-old central defender Moussa Sissako to sign a professional contract with them, despite the youth prospects initial desire to leave.
Sissako is understood to have had a long-standing agreement with Brighton, but he is now expected to imminently sign a contract with Les Parisiens instead.

http://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/after-yacine-adli-psg-to-succeed-in-moussa-sissako-brighton-u-turn/
Sneaky.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here