Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leon Balogun SIGNS [two-year deal]

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He surely isn’t coming to Brighton to warm the bench? Who’s place will he take?

I imagine Hunemeier expected to get more game time than he did too, so possibly nobodies. Squad player who will have to take his chance when it comes along.I'd think.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I imagine Hunemeier expected to get more game time than he did too, so possibly nobodies. Squad player who will have to take his chance when it comes along.I'd think.

Win win for BHA. A free transfer who will be 3rd or 4th choice.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I now have a reason to actually make the effort to watch England vs Nigeria and Balogun is the player I'll be most interested in watching :thumbsup:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shot our load to early with this one I reckon. :dunce:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why do you say that? Have you seen him play much? No-one walks into our first team, and there's decent competition in defensive places. Goldson has barely got a sniff this season.

Just gut feeling and from looking at his age and pedigree makes me think he’s more than a Uwe replacement.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Just gut feeling and from looking at his age and pedigree makes me think he’s more than a Uwe replacement.

and so he should, so should every new singing, but that's not going to guarantee a starting position.
All it means is when he gets his chance, which he will, (we're not going 2 seasons unscathed at centre back) he needs to take it.

It's a football club not a charity...

...other than the charity bit of the football club, which is a charity.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Just watched his interview on Seagulls Player.

Seems an intelligent guy and speaks better English than I do!

Says he likes a slide tackle and to be physical!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Sounds like an honest and likable guy according to Youtube clips. Will fit in well at BHA

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Great signing with potential. Still young.. seems very smart. We will know far more about him adter he’s played against England and gone through the world cup..

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Correct me if I am wrong, but according to transfermarkt he actually isn't our player until july because thats when his contract runs out. Don't know if Mainz released him early or something and it's not really important, just seemed interesting

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
[tweet]998956402868740097[/tweet]

**** me if hasn’t got the same voice and accent as Arnold Schwarzenegger.

If he is half as hard as Arnie was in Commando, we’ve got ourselves a great (FREE) signing!

And after the World Cup..........”I’ll be back”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here