Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leon Balogun SIGNS [two-year deal]

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
According to the Nigerian Daily Post, which I have delivered daily... :lol:

Balogun is out. :(

Head coach of the Super Eagles, Gernot Rohr, has been forced to make two changes to his desired starting XI against Croatia.

Leon Balogun is set to sit out the match, after picking up an injury. He failed to take part in the training sessions ahead of the game and will be replaced by Kenneth Omeruo.

Shehu Abdullahi will also take the place of Tyronne Ebuehi, who sustained a nose injury in training.

19-year-old Francis Uzoho starts in goal, while John Mikel Obi will captain the team.

http://dailypost.ng/2018/06/16/nige...ing-xi-world-cup-2018-opening-match-revealed/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That'll free up a squad place. :facepalm:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I liked Leon always fully comitted never did much wrong. Scotred that cracker against Palace with his first touch. For that alone thank you and good luck

Much as I agree he scotred a good goal, I think you're overlooking the error he made in every appearance. There was always one per game and it seemed to cost us a goal most of the time.

As with any Albion player leaving, cheers for being part of our history and all the best for the future.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Another puzzling loan with our current injuries to defenders

Not really puzzling (and not a loan, he's left us permanently) - he's already been there for months. Webster (according to reports) is 'minor' (implication is he'll be fit for Man U). Who else is injured ? Burn can easily slot in at CB, as could Bernardo if anyone else gets crocked.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Not really puzzling (and not a loan, he's left us permanently) - he's already been there for months. Webster (according to reports) is 'minor' (implication is he'll be fit for Man U). Who else is injured ? Burn can easily slot in at CB, as could Bernardo if anyone else gets crocked.

That post from Spanish flair dates to January, old bean. Refers to the original loan out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
This is the Albion, there are bins at Lancing they could put a bib on and they'd still be better centre backs than anyone palace could produce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here