Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Podcasts

Podcasts

1 Not allowed!
    Just discovered how much more painless my daily commute can be with a good podcast on the go.

Fairly new to this game and to date have only been listening to the following:

The Magic Sponge (brilliant)
    The Albion Roar
    Albion Unlimited

Pretty much exhausted the above episodes now so looking for some new podcasts to subscribe to.

Any decent suggestions out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dickinson Looking for Crofts.....Its in the bag for Brighton!!!!!

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by poidy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Just discovered how much more painless my daily commute can be with a good podcast on the go.

Fairly new to this game and to date have only been listening to the following:

The Magic Sponge (brilliant)
      The Albion Roar
      Albion Unlimited

Pretty much exhausted the above episodes now so looking for some new podcasts to subscribe to.

Any decent suggestions out there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      You might find one or 2 here :-

http://www.northstandchat.com/showth...u-listening-to
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

0 Not allowed!
      Totally football show is good. Hosted by James Richardson, prob the best in the business. On on Mondays and Thursdays (usually goes live about 5pm so would be ideal for Tues/Fri morning commute)

Guardian football weekly is also good, sometimes superb. Hosted by Max Rushden and features the quite stunning Barry Glendenning. Also on on Mondays and Thursdays.

Quickly Kevin - 90s football podcast. Some excellent episodes featuring candid interviews with the likes of Paul Merson, Matt Le Tissier, Lee Dixon, Tony Dorigo and some readings of the Steve Bruce novels. Josh Widdicombe one of the hosts.
      Read my ramblings here - tpots | the plight of the seagull
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Football Ramble and its sister show On The Continent.

Look in the thread Stat Brother posted. Plenty of good recommendations.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon Morgan View Post
      Totally football show is good. Hosted by James Richardson, prob the best in the business. On on Mondays and Thursdays (usually goes live about 5pm so would be ideal for Tues/Fri morning commute)

Guardian football weekly is also good, sometimes superb. Hosted by Max Rushden and features the quite stunning Barry Glendenning. Also on on Mondays and Thursdays.

Quickly Kevin - 90s football podcast. Some excellent episodes featuring candid interviews with the likes of Paul Merson, Matt Le Tissier, Lee Dixon, Tony Dorigo and some readings of the Steve Bruce novels. Josh Widdicombe one of the hosts.
      Bloody hell, you've just covered 2 of the 3 I was going to mention (I've not followed the James Richardson one, as the Guardian one with Max and Barry is just so bloody good).

If you enjoy Max and Barry Glendennings patter, then The Warmup on TalpSport is worth a download, goes out on Sundays.

Also, away from sport, Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio, with Alun Cochrane and Emily Dean is a joy. Consistently, effortlessly funny. Its been going on for donkeys years, I consider Frank a national treasure. Hugely entertaining.

Oh, and Flintoff, Sav and the Ping Pong Guy (Matthew Syed) is FANTASTIC. I didn't think I'd get along with Robbie Savage at all, but my opinion of him has done a full 180. A very genuine fella. Not too sharp, but very open an honest. And Flintoff rips the piss out of him, he's hilarious. That is a top, top pod.
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post
      Bloody hell, you've just covered 2 of the 3 I was going to mention (I've not followed the James Richardson one, as the Guardian one with Max and Barry is just so bloody good).

If you enjoy Max and Barry Glendennings patter, then The Warmup on TalpSport is worth a download, goes out on Sundays.

Also, away from sport, Frank Skinner on Absolute Radio, with Alun Cochrane and Emily Dean is a joy. Consistently, effortlessly funny. Its been going on for donkeys years, I consider Frank a national treasure. Hugely entertaining.

Oh, and Flintoff, Sav and the Ping Pong Guy (Matthew Syed) is FANTASTIC. I didn't think I'd get along with Robbie Savage at all, but my opinion of him has done a full 180. A very genuine fella. Not too sharp, but very open an honest. And Flintoff rips the piss out of him, he's hilarious. That is a top, top pod.
      I'd say I just about prefer GFW to TFS, mainly due to Barry. TFS is an entertaining listen (mainly due to Jimbo but other good people like Michael Cox, James Horncastle) but is quite 'efficient' and structured which gives the impression they are slightly afraid to be tangential. The best pod of the season for me was GFW featuring (I think) Rushden, Glendenning, Wilson and Ronay (not the one when Glendenning and Ronay fell out!) and had about 20 minutes of them all just having a bit of a moan, putting the world to rights. Was utterly glorious.
      Read my ramblings here - tpots | the plight of the seagull

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Easy 10 View Post

I think you have EXACTLY the same subscribe list as me. I never thought Max Rushden was that good on Soccer AM but he is just brilliant. Also agree on your comments on Skinner and Savage too.

0 Not allowed!
      Can this be merged with the ****ing massive podcast thread?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Simon Morgan View Post
      I'd say I just about prefer GFW to TFS, mainly due to Barry. TFS is an entertaining listen (mainly due to Jimbo but other good people like Michael Cox, James Horncastle) but is quite 'efficient' and structured which gives the impression they are slightly afraid to be tangential. The best pod of the season for me was GFW featuring (I think) Rushden, Glendenning, Wilson and Ronay (not the one when Glendenning and Ronay fell out!) and had about 20 minutes of them all just having a bit of a moan, putting the world to rights. Was utterly glorious.
      Glendenning vs Ronay and the "witches curse" was epic listening. Ronay and his utter Guardianest snobbery against Glendennings "I don't really give a shit" was marvellous listening. I must admit to having developed something of a man-crush for Barry, I could listen to him all day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilko View Post
      I think you have EXACTLY the same subscribe list as me. I never thought Max Rushden was that good on Soccer AM but he is just brilliant. Also agree on your comments on Skinner and Savage too.
      I thought Max was a bit of a prick on Soccer AM, but I just can't help but like him on the pods. The abuse he gets on Twitter, and how he just bats it off is very, very funny. He's a bit crap, but he embraces it !
      "But you accept that there is an increased risk of vehicle/bat collision"

0 Not allowed!
      If you don't mind going back at bit, start at the beginning of The Tuesday Club podcast. Yes it's about Arsenal but really it's just mates chatting about football, two of which (Alan Davies and Ian Stone) happen to be professional comedians. For my money it's the best football podcast out there. Shame they don't do them on a regular basis anymore. Other than that I'd go for:
      • Football Weekly
      • Fighting Talk
      • Quickly Kevin
      • The Square Ball (This is a Leeds podcast but again, like TTC it's good football chat)
      • Elis James' Feast of Football
      Keep The Faith Five