Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Name The Ground

el punal

Following on from ‘Name The Club’ quizzy thing using cryptic clues, here’s a similar one where you have to identify the ground from the descriptions given - some are easy, some hard. All are venues that the Albion have played at in recent years. Bon chance mes braves!

1. It’s the same name as a famous battle. (Battle of Stamford Bridge 1066, just before that tear up down Hastings way.

2. There used to be a pub at all four corners of this ground. (Griffin Park - Brentford’s boozy gaff!)

3. A famous figure from history is in the name of this venue. Chop! Chop! (West Ham’s Boleyn Ground - poor headless Anne.)

4. You won’t get any higher than this one. (The Hawthorns, home of WBA, highest PL/League ground in England.)

5. A wonderful view of a bridge from here, but not when there’s a fog! (St.James’ Park - the view from the away end!)

6. When the Albion play here it’s still an away game (Home Park at Plymouth.)

7. Richard II’s royal crest is part of the name of this ground. (White HART Lane.)

8. It’s got a statue of a famous player from a famous photograph. (Deepdale - Preston’s Tom Finney sliding through a puddle on Chelsea’s waterlogged pitch.)

9. Frank would never have sung about this place! (Rotherham’s New York stadium.)

10. Probably every major town and city has this ground’s name on the map. (London Road - Peterborough.)

Answers later!

Well played everyone! :clap:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
I thought the Britannia or whatever Stoke Citys' ground is called nowadays was the highest ground above sea level in this country?

el punal

I thought the Britannia or whatever Stoke Citys' ground is called nowadays was the highest ground above sea level in this country?

Second or third highest, I believe, with Oldham’s Boundary Park. Both bloody cold places whatever time of year!

P.S. Beg your pardon, it’s Port Vale’s Ground that’s second highest with Oldham.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here