Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Andres Iniesta

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Just come off the pitch having played his last game for Barcelona ....a guy who is undoubtedly one of the best.
Imho

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Our goalkeeping colossus Ryan towers above him by a massive 13 cm. (1.84m compared with Iniesta's 1.71m)

Too short.

And with Stoke relegated, he wouldn't even be able to do it on a cold Monday night up there.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was watching Inter's match with Lazio.

Interesting refereeing. Two red cards for Lazio and a penalty for Inter. All looked a bit suspicious to me, especially as it was dubbed the €100m match for Champions League qualification.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Phenomenal player - I can't think of a better midfield pair than him and Xavi, they could have walked into any team in history in my view.

As incredible as the likes of Messi, Suarez, Neymar, Eto'o, Ronaldinho et al are/have been for Barca, it was always Xavi and Iniesta who made the team tick.

On an international level, he scored the winner in a WC Final which puts him in rare company based solely on that.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
I was watching Inter's match with Lazio.

Interesting refereeing. Two red cards for Lazio and a penalty for Inter. All looked a bit suspicious to me, especially as it was dubbed the €100m match for Champions League qualification.

You forgot to mention that the Lazio defender who wiped out the Inter striker to concede the game changing penalty, has pre-agreed to join Inter in the summer...

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
One of my favourite players of all time, an absolute joy to watch.

When he and Xavi were at their peak, those Barca and Spain sides were the greatest club and national sides I’ve ever seen, mainly because of those two.

Their quick feet, speed of thought, movement and one touch passing were on a different level to anything we’ve ever seen before or since. De Bruyne and Silva are currently the nearest but they’re still some way off.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Simply an exquisite player, an absolute artist on the ball. The pitch was his canvas, his feet gave the brush strokes.

Bloody hell. I should write for The Times.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Just come off the pitch having played his last game for Barcelona ....a guy who is undoubtedly one of the best.
Imho

Agreed, one of the greats. He's also been such low maintenance. He hasn't chased headline, or becoming a "brand", he has just got his head down, worked hard, and produced some absolutely fabulous football. To have had him and Xavi come along in the same generation for Barca has been incredible, and for that to be when they have Messi in front of them, and over such a long period of time. Incredible.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Absolutely unbelievable player. Finally got to see him in the flesh in January as Barca thumped Levante. Only lasted 55 minutes but, in that time, he was the conductor to Messi's violin virtuoso. Everything centred around him, rhythm, creativity, balance. Only sorry I didn't see him in his pomp playing with Xavi - the telly can't have done them justice.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here