Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Roman Abramovich's VISA has not been RENEWED

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I think this one might develop. At the moment it looks like a delay. However many reports say Abramovic couldn’t operate without being close to Putin. MPs have been discussing the need to end Russian dirty money entering the UK. Following the spy poisoning relationships are at an all time low. The closure of the British Council in Moscow by Russia has really upset our government as its the one organisation that fosters better links between the two countries. It might not be so surprising if we blocked the highest profile Russian businessman from coming to the UK. However it could become big news - not least for Chelsea!

It obviously wasn't working too well though ?

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
It could be a little worse for him. Living in a villa in the young vibrant beach city of Tel Aviv. Great weather most of the year, lots of cool bars and quality restaurants . Bit like the middle eastern version of Miami Beach but western laws so you have all the same human rights there as you have in The UK. . Great cosmopolitan city. I had a fab hol when I was there 4 years ago. Friendly people who love Europeans and the standard of hotels and food is very high. So it could be a lot worse for him !

The only downside, it’s not cheap but the quality is high.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Obviously he will have been advised but I would have thought buying Cypriot citiizenship would have suited him better to have joined the milions of Russians already there.

Maximus

Jul 24, 2007
Brighton
Obviously he will have been advised but I would have thought buying Cypriot citiizenship would have suited him better to have joined the milions of Russians already there.

He's eligible for Iranian citizenship under the Law of Return. I don't think it's about where he lives, it's about that country's relationship with the U.K and its protocol in letting people in to the country. He can move freely between Iran and the U.K without the visa for short stays (but can't work here, as mentioned above).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here