Shots:
Real Madrid 14 Liverpool 13

Shots on target:
Real Madrid 5 Liverpool 2

Corners:
Real Madrid 9 Liverpool 5

Fouls:
Real Madrid 5 Liverpool 18

Injuries, mistakes and hypothetical 'what ifs' aside, it seems quite clear that the better team won on the night.

Interesting.

What were the stats up to Salah getting chopped?

Liverpool were all over them until Mo Salah was crippled. I suspect you know that though and are just being a little tinker.

You haven't read the thread have you?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Interesting.

Liverpool were all over them until Mo Salah was crippled. I suspect you know that though and are just being a little tinker.

Games are played over 90 mins. Injuries happen. Not sure what point you are making to be honest.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Games are played over 90 mins. Injuries happen. Not sure what point you are making to be honest.
The point s that the game turned on one incident.

Real knew that stopping Salah would stop Liverpool. I imagine they saw what happened when Klopp took Salah and bought on Ings in the qualifiers. Up steps Ramos, takes out Salah...that's all she wrote,

You don't have to be Einstein to work out that Liverpool without their top striker are pretty average. If you had watched the game rather than posting some stats you might have a point. As it is you're just making my point for me.

If you want to argue that Real were just immense and, with or without Salah, they would win I'd just tell you you're wrong. If you want to argue that Real knew exactly what they had to do to stop Liverpool steamrollering them (ie. chop Salah) without all the stats...you'd be right.

As it is, you win any prize from the bottom shelf.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Interesting.

I've enjoyed following the thread alongside watching the game.

No idea on the stats beforehand, but Liverpool certainly showed the more attacking intent then as expected.

That said, only 2 shots on target over the course of the 90+ minutes (including 30 when Salah was on the field) wasn't likely to be enough.

Stats rarely lie. Madrid were the better team this evening.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
The point s that the game turned on one incident.

Real knew that stopping Salah would stop Liverpool. I imagine they saw what happened when Klopp took Salah and bought on Ings in the qualifiers. Up steps Ramos, takes out Salah...that's all she wrote,

You don't have to be Einstein to work out that Liverpool without their top striker are pretty average. If you had watched the game rather than posting some stats you might have a point. As it is you're just making my point for me.

If you want to argue that Real were just immense and, with or without Salah, they would win I'd just tell you you're wrong. If you want to argue that Real knew exactly what they had to do to stop Liverpool steamrollering them (ie. chop Salah) without all the stats...you'd be right.

As it is, you win any prize from the bottom shelf.

I watched the game thanks and by the looks of it i was the sober one. The team that lifted the trophy were deserved winners. Might be hard for you to grasp.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Block everything straight at you, don’t throw the ball to an opposition player and try and save the ball when it is hit either side of you...

You can only be forgiven for the third one of them. If Ryan did that against Palace most people would want him sold..
Said to the nipper earlier that I never thought I'd watch a European Cup final where if Brighton's keeper was playing then the English team would probably have won. But we just did.

Feel really sorry for Karius. Less so for Klopp (although I like him) and the Liverpool recruitment team, who must have been the only people in the World not to realise that they had one MASSIVE position that needed filling (other than Lovren's obvs).

Karius could actually be like De Gea in a few years time but I think it's more likely that this game will have broken him irreparably. Which is a shame.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I've enjoyed following the thread alongside watching the game.

No idea on the stats beforehand, but Liverpool certainly showed the more attacking intent then as expected.

That said, only 2 shots on target over the course of the 90+ minutes (including 30 when Salah was on the field) wasn't likely to be enough.

Stats rarely lie. Madrid were the better team this evening.

Disagree. real were the better team after Salah was subbed.

Lalana gave the ball away too much, the guy's only played 13 times this season. I'd say that Salah getting injured ended that game as a contest. The high press that Liverpool have turned into art stopped dead as soon as MS left the field. Karius actually lost the game but Salah could have won it despite him.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
I watched the game thanks and by the looks of it i was the sober one. The team that lifted the trophy were deserved winners. Might be hard for you to grasp.

I don't drink mate.

Its clear to me that you don't understand my point so I'll leave it there. Your point, whatever it is, will have to remain a mystery. Along with your grammar.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
The most arrogant club and set of fans in the country. Their sense of entitlement defies belief and turns many against them. Neutrals all over will have been willing on Madrid tonight.
I think you're getting them confused with Manchester United. The ONLY time I want that shower of scum to win is when they play Palace (or begrudgingly when they take points off our rivals now we're in the same division).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I don't drink mate.

Its clear to me that you don't understand my point so I'll leave it there. Your point, whatever it is, will have to remain a mystery. Along with your grammar.

To be honest fella i skipped most of your posts, i got bored . The right team won. Anyone would have thought Brighton lost ;-) Have a good evening

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Lalana gave the ball away too much, the guy's only played 13 times this season. I'd say that Salah getting injured ended that game as a contest. The high press that Liverpool have turned into art stopped dead as soon as MS left the field. Karius actually lost the game but Salah could have won it despite him.

No problem, BH. It's always been a game of opinions.

Liverpool's foul count of 18 compared to the 5 of Real Madrid didn't help their opportunities to get the ball back and increase possession.

Both teams hit the woodwork, but with Madrid having a goal (rightly) disallowed, Ronaldo taking far too long over a shot, Bale not squaring the ball across for a tap-in, and a spectator running on at the end when the ball was in the Liverpool box, the score could've been higher.

But that's all hypothetical and academic. Liverpool had a great run, but just came up short. And Madrid just know how to find a way to win.

With Spanish teams winning 9 out of the last 10 Champions Leagues and Europa Cups in the last 5 years, it illustrates even more the gap between the top La Liga sides of the likes of Real, Barca, Athletico and Sevilla in consistency, and the rest of Europe, let alone the Premier League.

Last edited:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Agree with all that.

D

Deleted member 18477

Said to the nipper earlier that I never thought I'd watch a European Cup final where if Brighton's keeper was playing then the English team would probably have won. But we just did.

Feel really sorry for Karius. Less so for Klopp (although I like him) and the Liverpool recruitment team, who must have been the only people in the World not to realise that they had one MASSIVE position that needed filling (other than Lovren's obvs).

Karius could actually be like De Gea in a few years time but I think it's more likely that this game will have broken him irreparably. Which is a shame.

Agree. His decision making is shocking though currently. There are plenty of good shot stoppers around, it's the distribution, knowing when to punch balls or catch, coming for crosses, leaving the area, commanding the area, filling a defence with confidence and organising a defence when he spots danger etc. that will either make him rubbish, bang average, good or excellent in years to come.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I think you're getting them confused with Manchester United. The ONLY time I want that shower of scum to win is when they play Palace (or begrudgingly when they take points off our rivals now we're in the same division).

At least United have a string of recent titles to back up the hype. How long since the great Liverpool side last won the title.. Oh yes, 28 years and counting. ( and don't get me started on the mighty Tottenham.....just the 57 years and counting....massive club eh ? )

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
No Liverpool fan but Ramos deliberately pulled and twisted him to the ground, in order to injure him. I hope there's some karma coming his way at the WC.

Much different to Lovren pushing Ronaldo to the ground off the pitch before the Salah incident ?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Number of fouls in the game:

Real Madrid 5
Liverpool 18

None committed by Sergio Ramos.

Those figures are skewed by Madrid's clever plan to break up Liverpool's high pressing style with some professional nouse. A lot of fair challenges were being played up as fouls with squeals of pain and feigning injury.

You have to take your hat off to them, it worked well and we should do the same when we play against a high press.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here