Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] CL Final FTA

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Salah is to Liverpool what Zaha is to Palace.
Both teams don't perform without them.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
No problem, BH. It's always been a game of opinions.

Liverpool's foul count of 18 compared to the 5 of Real Madrid didn't help their opportunities to get the ball back and increase possession.

Both teams hit the woodwork, but with Madrid having a goal (rightly) disallowed, Ronaldo taking far too long over a shot, Bale not squaring the ball across for a tap-in, and a spectator running on at the end when the ball was in the Liverpool box, the score could've been higher.

But that's all hypothetical and academic. Liverpool had a great run, but just came up short. And Madrid just know how to find a way to win.

With Spanish teams winning 9 out of the last 10 Champions Leagues and Europa Cups in the last 5 years, it illustrates even more the gap between the top La Liga sides of the likes of Real, Barca, Athletico and Sevilla in consistency, and the rest of Europe, let alone the Premier League.

Absolutely agree with the last part. Anyone that believes that the Premier League is the best in the world at the moment doesn’t watch enough Spanish football. They’re still comfortably ahead of us in terms of the standard of their game.

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Nonsense. The top 4 teams are quality. The rest are not good. The top teams tend to roll over the others with some ease, the games are goalfests hence ronaldo and messi goal stats.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Shows how clever he is. not that he doesn't commit fouls.

To be fair, it also showed that he didn't commit any fouls in the eyes of the referee - the person that ultimately mattered.

It also showed that Liverpool committed over 3 times as many fouls as Madrid.

But I get the sentiment of what you're saying.

Ramos is a master of the dark arts and always plays right up to the line of what's acceptable (and often beyond that).

Would I love him or someone like him in the Albion's side? Absolutely. He's a natural leader on the field and regularly scores critical goals.

Players like Ramos don't come around very often. And we missed out on Roy Keane back in the day.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't, no. Never struck me a a 'team' man, just a poor man's Souness.
Would it not be easier to name the players who aren't a poor man's Souness?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
The point s that the game turned on one incident.

Real knew that stopping Salah would stop Liverpool. I imagine they saw what happened when Klopp took Salah and bought on Ings in the qualifiers. Up steps Ramos, takes out Salah...that's all she wrote,

You don't have to be Einstein to work out that Liverpool without their top striker are pretty average. If you had watched the game rather than posting some stats you might have a point. As it is you're just making my point for me.

If you want to argue that Real were just immense and, with or without Salah, they would win I'd just tell you you're wrong. If you want to argue that Real knew exactly what they had to do to stop Liverpool steamrollering them (ie. chop Salah) without all the stats...you'd be right.

As it is, you win any prize from the bottom shelf.

That is pretty fair fetched, how did Ramos know that Salah would go in for a ball like that.

Plus Salah hooked his arm first.....

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
He was waiting for an opportunity to present itself and when it did he took advantage.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Nonsense. The top 4 teams are quality. The rest are not good. The top teams tend to roll over the others with some ease, the games are goalfests hence ronaldo and messi goal stats.

So exactly like the Premier League then, where the golf between the top 6 and everyone else is MASSIVE.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Yep, cynically and obviously yet somehow Ramos escaped any sanction AND any critique by the pundits (unless they did after I went to bed). Odd, I thought.

All the ex-pro's know that it happens all the time and is barely worthy of mention.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here