Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Bishop Michael Curry

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Agreed completely. Had he done this five minutes it would have been great and perfect. Still slightly alternative but not attempting to use his one opportunity for fame. He repeated the same message about ten times. Good guy but misjudged the length badly.

There's been many a bird in my clutches who have made the same mistake.

Regards.

BH...AKA the Gay Blade!!

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Any more vicar reviews ?

I think this could become a very popular NSC thread.

I can review 3 of the chaplains we had at my boarding school if you like. One was a bearded old bore who tried to engage the boys by peppering his sermons with slang; so Jesus was 'nicked by the fuzz' at Gethsemane. One rarely washed and tried shock tactics by making references to pimps, prostitutes and libido dolls. One was so committed to spreading the word that he continued to give it to us while we were getting changed for swimming. Thanks to all of them for helping to make me an atheist.

I would have preferred this guy although he could consider the term 'less is more'. It was good to hear love being referred to as raw and real rather than contractual; which must have come as a shock to the emotionally stilted Windsor family.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I can review 3 of the chaplains we had at my boarding school if you like. One was a bearded old bore who tried to engage the boys by peppering his sermons with slang; so Jesus was 'nicked by the fuzz' at Gethsemane. One rarely washed and tried shock tactics by making references to pimps, prostitutes and libido dolls. One was so committed to spreading the word that he continued to give it to us while we were getting changed for swimming. Thanks to all of them for helping to make me an atheist.

I would have preferred this guy although he could consider the term 'less is more'. It was good to hear love being referred to as raw and real rather than contractual; which must have come as a shock to the emotionally stilted Windsor family.

Atheists a waaay cooler than God botherers.

On the subject of romantic love...I'm not entirely convinced. It all seems a bit of a happy coincidence that, as Britain waves "Ta Ta" to the EU we have a brand new American Princess for the daft Yankees to drool over. An ethnic one at that.

I don't think that Brits are fully aware of the absolute obsession many of our US cousins have for the Royal Family.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Well I thought he was brilliant. So much so when Mrs W was watching it on catchup after getting in from work I watched him again. I'm a devote atheist but if I was ever to become a believer it would be someone like Bis Curry that would convert me. Why is it that black gospel churches seem to have vigor and fun with religion yet CoE services are dour awful affairs ? The new happy clappy churches just look awkward - loads of white people with no rhythum !

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Well I thought he was brilliant. So much so when Mrs W was watching it on catchup after getting in from work I watched him again. I'm a devote atheist but if I was ever to become a believer it would be someone like Bis Curry that would convert me. Why is it that black gospel churches seem to have vigor and fun with religion yet CoE services are dour awful affairs ? The new happy clappy churches just look awkward - loads of white people with no rhythum !

A predominantly black gospel church takes over our local cinema on Sunday mornings and the congregation is often still mixing in the public areas when the film matinees start. I remember making a cynical comment to my family once about god-botherers etc. My daughter replied ‘but they all look much happier than we do.’

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I thought it was any normal circumstances a brilliant speech. For this occassion ? No. It is a wedding not a sermon and battering people. Still for the vakue of seeing the Royals thinking " wtf is this ? " it may have been worth it

keep-calm-and-love-fire-46.png:ffsparr:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No thanks, bunch of twaddle

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

There's a very large happy clappy church in Brighton which has a good mix of black, white, Asian etc.

What the OP doesn't realise is that every Royal occasion is like a military operation. They are timed to perfection, so the length of the sermon wouldn't have taken any of them by surprise. Nor would the content, as Bishop Michael is the head of the Episcopal church in the USA, so hardly some unknown from the backstreets of LA.

It was planned & it was deliberate. Good for Harry & Meghan.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Because it’s not cool to be white?

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
The borderline sniggering amongst various royals - Zara and Tindall, Beatrice and Eugenie, and even the bride and groom - beamed around the world was a bit unfortunate.

Zara was the worst she really showed her self up as vile and arrogant, that expression she had was pathetic. A bunch of spoilt brats most of the Royals are.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Zara was the worst she really showed her self up as vile and arrogant, that expression she had was pathetic. A bunch of spoilt brats most of the Royals are.

Zara was very uncomfortable in her seat, long before the bride arrived. She kept shifting from side to side trying to get some relief.
Any woman who has carried a baby full term knows that feeling, when you have a 7 or 8lb weight pressing down on your bladder & pubic bone. She probably just wanted to be at home with her feet up.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I just can't believe that anyone who posts on here actually watched it.

I can believe you think that Brighton fans all think the same way. We aren't clones.
We have diffrent cultures, skin colour, sexual orientation, gender, age, and beliefs.

Long may it continue.

Jackthelad

Mar 31, 2010
Zara was very uncomfortable in her seat, long before the bride arrived. She kept shifting from side to side trying to get some relief.
Any woman who has carried a baby full term knows that feeling, when you have a 7 or 8lb weight pressing down on your bladder & pubic bone. She probably just wanted to be at home with her feet up.

It was her contemptuous expressions that were uncomfortable to watch, being pregnant was not anything to do with the faces she was pulling.

jasetheace

Apr 13, 2011
It was her contemptuous expressions that were uncomfortable to watch, being pregnant was not anything to do with the faces she was pulling.

Actually I think Micky was in the doghouse. Golf do with the lads previous day... Doesn't matter if he had got home reasonably early, we all know that logic counts for nothing. YOU SAID YOU WOULD.......

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here