Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Watching World Cup in Garden ? Tv, projector ....

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Fancy watching the World Cup in the garden but not sure what best idea is to do. Link a laptop up to tv and hope the WiFi is good enough? Can I link a really long lead from my bt box to laptop to guarantee a perfect connection?

Any ideas.

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
Fancy watching the World Cup in the garden but not sure what best idea is to do. Link a laptop up to tv and hope the WiFi is good enough? Can I link a really long lead from my bt box to laptop to guarantee a perfect connection?

Any ideas.

I believe HDMI is unable to go more than around 10m so you may struggle to go from box to projector. Best bet would be long Ethernet cable to laptop outside as the cables are nice and cheap and guarantees no WiFi drop outs.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Just take a sledgehammer, punch a hole in your outside wall, fit your 60" TV into the hole, sit back with a beer in your deckchair and enjoy.

Oops, important detail - make sure you punch the hole in the wall that faces onto the garden...

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've tried this before, in my experience, your bigger issue will be screen reflection - it's no problem from dusk onwards, but if the sun is out and the light is bright you'll have a real problem seeing the picture even in the shade ....

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I've tried this before, in my experience, your bigger issue will be screen reflection - it's no problem from dusk onwards, but if the sun is out and the light is bright you'll have a real problem seeing the picture even in the shade ....

What - bigger than trying to get a precise fit for the TV with a sledgehammer?

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
If you are going to run expensive cable why not just buy a cheap aerial. Also, Internet would be one minute behind so you would hear a goal when next door cheers.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
I got an old projector hooked up to laptop. Use a wifi booster to increase signal. As above one main issue I faced was sun glare, so project the screen under a gazebo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here