Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] A guide to Sussex / Wedding controversy - OMG, what have they done...?

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Whilst credit for Banoffee Pie's invention is claimed by Nigel Mackenzie and Ian Dowding, the owner and chef, respectively, of The Hungry Monk Restaurant in Jevington I don't think either of them are Sussex chaps

The location of the restaurant is the defining factor though is it not? My parents were born outside Sussex but I was born in Sussex..I don't claim to be from where my folks were born.

I don't know I'd a dessert can be "born" as such but Banoffee pie was born in Jevington.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
traditional_trug_basket_pic2.jpg

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I'm sure there's some kind of complicated genital piercing invented in Brighton. Now THATS the sort of notoriety we need.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
When did the lake appear in front of the Royal Pav?

Its just by the bus stops. its a small pond about 4ft wide full of weeds!, but with the right lens and angle you can make it appear like a bloody great lake with the whole Pav reflecting in it- its one of the "iconic" shots of the pavilion and so disappointing when you actually see it

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
Oh, dear, we are not talking about people's right to local classification are we ? Surely refugees have rights.

I was born in Frimley Green (I know you're supposed to go to the next town but that was Aldershot and five weeks there was enough). I manged to escape to Mannings Heath, well across the border, six weeks later.

the captain

May 21, 2013
what
i have lived away from sussex for 30 years the only things I miss are sussex pond pudding,Harvey's and of course being able to watch my beloved Albion every other week rather than half a dozen times a sesason

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
I have always refused to acknowledge The Local Government Act 1972.

We are the kingdom of the South Saxons. We are as one.

One Sussex

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Do you write all that down when you give your address?

I really, really hope you do.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here