Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jordan Maguire-Drew joins Leyton Orient

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
He had a decent enough start to his loan spell at Wrexham - 3 goals in the first 8 matches of the season - but has only made 2 substitute appearances in the last 12 matches (with 3 non-used sub "appearances" and not even in the squad on 7 occasions). Absolutely pointless for him to remain on loan at a club for the next 5 months when he has fallen completely out of favour.

He was a hero at Worthing 3 seasons ago; given his long, slow descent over the last couple of seasons, maybe he'll end up back there for the next few months as it seems it might just about be his level right now.

John Byrnes Mullet

Global Circumnavigator
Oct 4, 2004
Brighton
Was highly rated at Coventry too. Can't be much fun for the lad being stuck in North Wales.
Better to recall him and loan him out a bit closer to home.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
A friend of mine is a season ticket holder at Wrexham and described Jordan as "a bit of a baby" - I don't think that he could be anywhere near as bad as Zahahahahahahaha but it's obviously not an endearing trait.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
“Possibly the highest arrogance v application ratio in the Wrexham all time list”

Blimey

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
shame, had high hopes for this lad but doesn't look like will get anywhere near the level we require.

Expect will be gone by next season

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Suggestions on Wrexham forum that he’s about to sign permanently for Orient.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sounds like could be time for him to move on. He seems from reports to be the type that needs a stable club environment. Perhaps be better off as one of the best players in Non-League rather than fighting for a place in L1/L2.

Can't see him making the PL but if he wants to I'm sure he could have a decent career somewhere.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Suggestions on Wrexham forum that he’s about to sign permanently for Orient.

He has.

Brighton & Hove Albion under-23 winger Jordan Maguire-Drew has joined Leyton Orient on undisclosed terms.

The winger will link up the National League leaders on a two-and-a-half-year deal, after spending the first half of this season on loan at Wrexham.

Under-23 coach Simon Rusk said, “This is a good move for Jordan, and one that will allow him to play regular first-team football.

“I’d like to thank Jordan for his contribution during his time at the club, and I wish him all the very best for the future.”

Maguire-Drew had four loan moves out of the club, following spells at Dagenham & Redbridge, Lincoln City, Coventry City and Wrexham respectively.

The 21-year-old made 46 appearances and scored 15 goals during his time with Dagenham in 2016/17, while he was also part of the Coventry squad that won the League Two play-off Final against Exeter City in May 2018.

sparra

Apr 11, 2016
He has.

Brighton & Hove Albion under-23 winger Jordan Maguire-Drew has joined Leyton Orient on undisclosed terms.

The winger will link up the National League leaders on a two-and-a-half-year deal, after spending the first half of this season on loan at Wrexham.

Under-23 coach Simon Rusk said, “This is a good move for Jordan, and one that will allow him to play regular first-team football.

“I’d like to thank Jordan for his contribution during his time at the club, and I wish him all the very best for the future.”

Maguire-Drew had four loan moves out of the club, following spells at Dagenham & Redbridge, Lincoln City, Coventry City and Wrexham respectively.

The 21-year-old made 46 appearances and scored 15 goals during his time with Dagenham in 2016/17, while he was also part of the Coventry squad that won the League Two play-off Final against Exeter City in May 2018.

We like down at Brisbane Road

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If he does half as well as Peter Allen and Danny Carter, who both had associations with the Albion and left for the Orient, he will have a fairly decent career.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Saw Orient play at Ebbsfleet a few weeks back, and he didn't impress IMHO, but perhaps that was just an off day for the whole team, as Orient came in as league leaders, and didn't really look like it as Ebbsfleet did a number on them that day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here